RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

Won't be long till i have mine running , almost build / wired . ( no lights till later ) I just want to run it .

I have the old school Bruiser , so i want to compare the two .

Thanks JYCM3 good to know I didnt dream seeing that kit, but looks like I missed the boat on that hop-up, I`ll just buy the individual sets, would have been nice to have the official hop up part though.

Chris

Even though they are both Hiluxes with leaf and live axle, they are both very different, from very different schools of thought.

The little guy was built to be a Class 1 competition vehicle, so I have opted for a slower motor, the Bruiser has it's included RS540SH in there, so my Bruiser has speed. Also, even though the TF is only 2 speed, it has 4WD in both ranges.

The Bruiser runs around on the flat and grippy lawn better, because of it's operational differentials. The other one, being posi traction front and rear has 4 tires fighting themselves when running on a relatively flat high grip surface. Even though the Bruiser has nearly 40mm more tire, it has more hook up points underneath. Bulky, bigger than scale axles, disastrously oversize U - bolts hanging down and stuff.... I'd rather "go extreme" with the little one.

There would be a lot of chopping and channeling to get the Bruiser to sit down at a factory original height, even with little wheels.

The Bruiser has that stance and poise, the other is more reminiscent of the original Hilux... but both the axles have the same track width :P

It's kind of like trying to compare a Kyosho USA-1 and the Tamiya TA-01.5 S10... What, both Chevys with 4W independent suspension? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the reply, Steven.

By the way, keep us updated on the Tractor project! ;)

No probs, Mongose. The tractor has come a little way, I have found a more unusual front tyre option that fits the bill, and takes some of the rake off the chassis and pushes the castor back toward neutral. As it was, the king pins were inclined forward so far it'd drive like a shopping cart.

Ok , i have build most of the RN36 Bruiser .

Loved the build . Still in the paint process .

New & old right .

IMG_0046_zps5dd36512.jpg

IMG_0047_zps7d0d2914.jpg

IMG_0048_zps96cf27cc.jpg

IMG_0049_zpse863a8c3.jpg

IMG_0050_zps5ee13521.jpg

& i have a 1/2 build old school bruiser , with bodythat needs repainting , as it has runs . It looked good when i saw it on the evil bay . The Bruiser old has re re grill, light , bumper on the grill , As all the rest is original . Thanks & have a great day .

Very nice, and Matman what do you think of the torque tuned motor? did you compare it to the standered 540?

Cheers

Chris

You got to stop showing your rere 3spd. to those are bearly holding out in buying one as we are holding out for the blazer.:-)

Very nice, and Matman what do you think of the torque tuned motor? did you compare it to the standered 540?

Cheers

Chris

I have a few of these motors & have not given it a go yet .

You got to stop showing your rere 3spd. to those are bearly holding out in buying one as we are holding out for the blazer.:-)

:lol: NO !! :P . Come on you want one .

I don't think the old 4x4 blazer will come till , Maybe next year if at all .

But do hope it comes out some time .

So go on , treat your self :D .

AND WOW !! what a build it was , i'm sure anyone would love to build one .

I loved the build & the Avante was just as good of a build .

:lol: NO !! :P . Come on you want one .

I don't think the old 4x4 blazer will come till , Maybe next year if at all .

But do hope it comes out some time .

So go on , treat your self :D .

AND WOW !! what a build it was , i'm sure anyone would love to build one .

I loved the build & the Avante was just as good of a build .

You are good-bad man or bad-good man. Likely if I buy one, Tamiya will release the Blazer, than I am go having to find you an beat you to death... :lol:Than if I do decided to buy it, Tamiya will stop releasing it, than I am going have to beat myself to death. Either way, someone gets beaten. Sincerely, Bruce Willis

• Like 1

You are good-bad man or bad-good man. Likely if I buy one Tamiya will release the Blazer, than I am go having to find you an beat you to death... :lol: than if I do decdie to buy it, Tamiya stop releasing it, than I am going have to beat myself to death. Either way someone gets beaten.

Well i hope it's you :P . You need to buy one , Because the re re Blazer will come , So in turnit's your fault that it is not released , So all TC will beat you :D . HAHA , :lol: Ding it's your turn :P . YOU WANT ONE !!! You know it ... Go on . . Push the BIN button . You won't be able to sleep till you do ..... :lol: .

Because the re re Blazer will come

yeah, like the Egress re-re ????

• Like 1

This rerelease is fantastic, never saw one when I was a kid but owned one a few years ago and stupidly sold it. So the chance to build one and own one again couldnt be missed. It is actually a Christmas/birthday present from Erica that I only received on Tuesday, its a shame work is impeding on my build time.img280_21032013222227_1.jpgYes I know wheels arent supposed to be on yet but I just couldnt resist. For motive power I have a Novak Goat brushless system that should fit in there nicely.

Be ready to solder two sensor cables together.. The distance to control mechanism box is pretty long

This rerelease is fantastic, never saw one when I was a kid but owned one a few years ago and stupidly sold it. So the chance to build one and own one again couldnt be missed. It is actually a Christmas/birthday present from Erica that I only received on Tuesday, its a shame work is impeding on my build time.img280_21032013222227_1.jpgYes I know wheels arent supposed to be on yet but I just couldnt resist. For motive power I have a Novak Goat brushless system that should fit in there nicely.

I was going to go brushless to for more control and adjustments, though mine is a caslte creations mamba max quite old now, how does the goat system fare?

• Like 1

@lee1980

Really difficult to say chap as explained in post work is impeding the build, and ad photo shows quite clearly shows not only is there no motor in it there is no transmission, shafts or electronics for that matter ;)

Very nice looking. I went with 1.9 white Land Rover style wheels on mine. I finished putting last cost of Italian red on mine. Now comes gloss coat and more sanding.

I also ordered the Hilux roll bar. Will be painting it white. Going for red with white trim look.

Motor: I installed a Novak 17.5 brushless with a high torque rotor. I had the pleasure of soldering 2 sensor cables together to reach the motor lol. No one makes an extension for them. The longest one is also 275 mm, which is still 25 mm or so short.

Any pics bud? I finally finished mine100%, did a Mounty build with mine, complete with original decals. Ill post up new pics tonight.

I'll try to get some Picts up tonight. I've been lazy at finishing the bruiser.

I'll try to get some Picts up tonight. I've been lazy at finishing the bruiser.

Excited to see your paint. I'm still u in the air on what paint I want. My slipper just arrived today and I will finally be able to start my build hopefully Sunday. Need to wait for a little warmer weather before I can paint. I'll post pics sometime soon. :)

....its a shame work is impeding on my build time...

Quit the job, dump the wife/gf, rid the kids or dog/cat and build it....that is call " living the present monment"...to top it off paint her as you see fit...i think you want to do a ladybug theme paint job. :-) For the working folks, we know the feeling...

I just noticed i haven't seen any re re rear with dual shocks per side. Front dual need modification but can be done with non tamiya parts.

Excited to see your paint. I'm still u in the air on what paint I want. My slipper just arrived today and I will finally be able to start my build hopefully Sunday. Need to wait for a little warmer weather before I can paint. I'll post pics sometime soon. :)

I plan on using the hilux 3 speed roll bar... Im having some challenges painting it white. The last time I tried stripping chrome from plastic it took ages. So this time I primered it in white and went with tamiya TS white. After multiple quotes, its consistently grayish white. Im going to try spraying a coat of the PS white, since its very opaque on back side and then use the TS and see what happens.. </p>

In the meantime here is my bruiser red ala original hilux on white lr wheels

file_zps7c9070a1.jpg

file_zps10d85053.jpg

file_zpse138628e.jpg

• Like 1

The red looks nice. A little tip for the future, with a darker base being painted white, prime it in grey.

Does anybody know where I can find part "G" plastic gears?

I've been trying to get in contact with JR-RC but no luck!

Badboy