RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

No 750SH then but then this gear train looks far more efficient, plastic replacing brass, less weight and no doubt considerably less friction. Guess you won't be needing any of that nasty sealant!

Did I miss where they described the gearbox using plastic gears?

stock 540 and looks like plastic gears , hopefully just takes grease instead of oil this time around.

Dave could see them :)

Ouch, that really hurt my wallet. I really hope the price is a place holder, otherwise i'll be seriously considering the TrailFinder 2 as an alternative.

At the Tamiya USA price I'm seriously considering buying an original on eBay :)

I just have to add to this epic post...

... Not many kits you don't think twice about buying, even at this retail price. This is one of them :)

THANK YOU Mr Tamiya!

James.

sweet finally i can get a windsheild for under $100 gotta love the rere but i guess my new on tree mirror just lost its value lol

New window piece is tinted slightly, so original windows will still command a premium.

With the premium price of this kit, I don't think there will be a huge volume of them around. You can bet parts from kit breakers will be expensive initially due to high demand, and after an inital rush and hoarders buying up stock of the best bits, spares such as the chrome parts/mirror/bumpers will become scarce and expensive again quite quickly.

I don't think prices of spares will be impacted too much in the long run, if this is a reasonably limited release kit.

- James

New window piece is tinted slightly, so original windows will still command a premium.

With the premium price of this kit, I don't think there will be a huge volume of them around. You can bet parts from kit breakers will be expensive initially due to high demand, and after an inital rush and hoarders buying up stock of the best bits, spares such as the chrome parts/mirror/bumpers will become scarce and expensive again quite quickly.

I don't think prices of spares will be impacted too much in the long run, if this is a reasonably limited release kit.

- James

true enough im happy with my original, still moddin it slightly has a high lift cab and mirrors repo decals ordered proline tsl tires, lexan windshield driver figure and some aluminum bits and the hilux emblems. would be nice to score some new tamiya bits (wheels , winshield decals ) just to finish it off. im sure no one will be givin parts awaybut at least they will be some what available and new

According to Stella, official Tamiya date will be 'March' but history says it'll be April before stock actually comes through

Hope so , as it will give us more time to save . :)

WoW, Tamiyausa already has a ton of information up about it! More Pictures...

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58519

How much were these selling for when they were out? What was the street price?

I know it was NZ $1050 in the day , But i would say that was a package deal ?.

As i have written the price in my Tamiya book on most of the cars .

OMG, this thing is such a masterpiece....

How nice that in times of overpowered brushless, 6s lipos, 100+mph top speed, Mr Tamiya goes his own :) way...

I am liking the gear box , As this will allow us to put a brushless in it .

No motor mount on the motor , the gear box mounts differently .

The small changes are fantastic . The chassis looks great as the 1:1

hilux did have black chassis , The diffs looks like they will work efficiently .

Thank you tamiya

Oh, *now* I can see the new pictures TamiyaUSA added that shows the chassis and gearbox.

Wow! They weren't there earlier in the day and when everyone started talking about plastic gears, I was like "Where? I haven't seen a pic of it!".

Sorry everyone. <sits in corner>

I am liking the gear box , As this will allow us to put a brushless in it .

No motor mount on the motor , the gear box mounts differently .

The small changes are fantastic . .

Thank you tamiya

Trust me it will impossible to drive it. I've try 14.4V battery on my old stock Bruiser I can't even drive at all in 2nd or 3rd gear it will keep doing donuts or just spins out constantly.. too powerful. The hard compound tire has no traction. Nevertheless I agree with you good that we can toy with brushless option. :-)

Just think you remember for many years alot of people on here were echoing

"TAMIYA LOST ALL THE MOLDS AND THE METAL'

Now tamiya has proven them all wrong!!!!!

THANK YOU TAMIYA FOR REISSUING

Noticed on ebay whats happening!!!! hahahhahaha all those people are now scrambling to sell off their collection to folks who dont know. it always happens to reissues!

TAMIYA LOST ALL THE MOLDS AND METALS!!! NO REISSUE ON ONLD CLASSIC 3 SPEED THIS IS FAKE!!!!

(end sarcasm)

People are too busy deciding between cheesecutter, baseball, bowler and cowboy right now...

TAMIYA LOST ALL THE MOLDS AND METALS!!! NO REISSUE ON ONLD CLASSIC 3 SPEED THIS IS FAKE!!!!

(end sarcasm)

Not sure I get the sarcasm considering it has all new molds. :)

People are too busy deciding between cheesecutter, baseball, bowler and cowboy right now...

exactly, while I wait patiently................

Not sure I get the sarcasm considering it has all new molds. :)

look at what I said and look at what you just said!!!! Its like telling tamiya you cant make the old classic 3 speed anymore!!!!! Yet they did.....tamiya can make whatever they want and they can make it new or not. They decided to make metal axles which folks said they couldnt make it!!!! So you proved my point they can get new molds, old molds, whatever molds they like.........

People have been saying they cant re issue this or that, but tamiya will do whatever tamiya pleases to do.

Well, I am amazed. $700 is pretty steep. But hey, you only live once and I'm not letting this slip by. In 1985, I was 12 and had NO money. :)