RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

Just think you remember for many years alot of people on here were echoing

"TAMIYA LOST ALL THE MOLDS AND THE METAL'

Now tamiya has proven them all wrong!!!!!

THANK YOU TAMIYA FOR REISSUING

Noticed on ebay whats happening!!!! hahahhahaha all those people are now scrambling to sell off their collection to folks who dont know. it always happens to reissues!

Actually, it is all new castings. The axles are way different and the gear box is completely different inside, even if it looks the same on the outside. Tamiya made the rere SRB look the same, but try putting a swing arm from an original Sand Scorcher onto an rere :)

But all the same, they did a good job on remaking it.

The transmission appears less bulkly then the High Lift transmission, just like the original one did.

In the original Bruiser the transmission came pre assembled - I hope Tamiya let you build this one yourself :-)

What's upp with the new mounthole on the tranny? :)

Are Tamiya planning to use the tranny alot? :)

If you look at the chassie pic the mountholes is NOT in use...?

Badboy

58519_tranny.jpg

post-14025-1328081525_thumb.jpg

What's upp with the new mounthole on the tranny? :)

Are Tamiya planning to use the tranny alot? :)

If you look at the chassie pic the mountholes is NOT in use...?

Badboy

The front ones are mounted to a black metal piece in the middle running underneath and a black metal tab on each side. kinda hard to see but it's there. The black short screw hold it together .The rear ones are not used

All I can say is awesome, better than I expected, I guess if it has true diffs then the front would no longer have 1 way hubs?

I really do hope an MFC can be added or some sort of sound and light rig, be awesome to hear it roar, though im not sure what sort of engine the real one had?

Im going to have to sell some stuff to fund this but will be worth it for sure!

look at what I said and look at what you just said!!!! Its like telling tamiya you cant make the old classic 3 speed anymore!!!!! Yet they did.....tamiya can make whatever they want and they can make it new or not. They decided to make metal axles which folks said they couldnt make it!!!! So you proved my point they can get new molds, old molds, whatever molds they like.........

People have been saying they cant re issue this or that, but tamiya will do whatever tamiya pleases to do.

Well, that's not how I read it, but I do understand what you're saying here. Although I should point out that I never claimed that the 'molds were lost' or any other nonsense of the like. I'm not sure where this rumor originated, but you are indeed correct, Tamiya certainly don't have an issue with creating new molds or casting parts in metal.

It also looks like in the pic of front suspension you can just see battery tray and its a tamiya 6.6v LIFE pack thats same size as a normal 7.2v stick pack, I have a couple of the LIFE packs to.

Even tamiyas battery stickers look cool lol!!

OCD you've been away too long, i think most understood what jocktheglide was referring! :D

Nah, par for the course I'm afraid ;) This place is crazy at times :lol:

BTW - Has anyone noticed that the first pic on the Tamiya USA site is of the original Bruiser? ;)

TAM58519-2.jpg

BTW - Has anyone noticed that the first pic on the Tamiya USA site is of the original Bruiser? ;)

TAM58519-2.jpg

Yep I notice that too

Chassis is fantastic..!! Black looks so much better ,,like the real thing..! Have you noticed that the radio box's main body still has the opening for the resistors at the back..?? It will be a direct fit to the old chassis..About the windsheild ,I am not sure if its lite tinted or not...these photos dont help...

I must admit that Tamiya did it right this time and to my eyes its exaclty what I would expect for a 2012 Bruiser. I have to start saving asap.!!! :-) :-)

Wow thanks for that, can see there is still rubber bungs in transmission so expect it be oil filled? or maybe for grease access, the cut away of it running is amazingggggggggggggg!

great beach scene, nice interior to!!

Does anyone else here share the feeling that this just might be their greatest ever RC release in the 36 year history of them doing it?

I must admit that Tamiya did it right this time and to my eyes its exaclty what I would expect for a 2012 Bruiser. I have to start saving asap.!!! :-) :-)

Me too! It not called the Bruiser for nothing. This is gonna Bruise my bank account and many others. I reckon EMS postage alone will come in at $100-$150, Hong Kong/Japan to Australia...But its gonna be worth it!

I have used a basic calculation on previous MSRP's based on the TamiyaUSA site for other kits. Typically a kit retails in Hong Kong Prices at around 52% to 60% of MSRP. So my guess now will be USD$670 to USD$780.

Those TamiyaUSA pictures look beautiful!

Ok, one more observation, does anyone think this needs a driver (even the original) just seeing it drive along the beach driverless seemed a little odd.

Don't worry, not gonna stop me from buying one.

Anyone still getting the Supershot? Might try and combine the 2 of them in one shipment.....ouch, that's gonna hurt.

Ok, one more observation, does anyone think this needs a driver (even the original) just seeing it drive along the beach driverless seemed a little odd.

Don't worry, not gonna stop me from buying one.

Anyone still getting the Supershot? Might try and combine the 2 of them in one shipment.....ouch, that's gonna hurt.

Will do the same

It is their best re issue for sure and imo cannot be surpassed, it is at the top of my tree. Best ever, mmm i don't think you can remove the sentiments of an original no matter how good the re issue is.

This, followed kind of closely by the Avante, Hotshot and Buggy Champ are up there for me. Thank you Tamiya

Take away our own personal sentiment and nostalgia surrounding the individual originals though and I think this is their most exotic and technically accomplished achievement do far.

i wonder if the leaf springs are softer than the original?? i can see myself getting one of these, might sell a 1:1 car to fund it lol