RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

Looking more closely at the video, That new gearbox is a gem isn't it?

All shiny...mmm... shiny

Take away our own personal sentiment and nostalgia surrounding the individual originals though and I think this is their most exotic and technically accomplished achievement do far.

Totally agree. Technically it is a reworking and improvement of a pre existing legendary vintage model. One I hope signifies as much as anything a statement of intent by Tamiya to continue to meet the ongoing demand of many of its more older, credit card flexible ;) followers, for quality scale realism in both engineering and styling terms as much as performance from a trusted and respected manufacturer.

Tamiya have been slow to respond to this demand probably due to the constraints of being such a large corporation and ongoing global economics. Looking at sites like Scale 4x4 and R C Crawler and what both niche manufacturers and modellers / RC'ers are creating and have been doing for the last 5 years or so shows the way forward for this sector of the market and the demand it has.

I hope this is the start of more models to come of this quality and technicality without necessarily using vintage platforms. Much as I would love to see and buy a Blazer as it remains an icon to me I would rather see a truly scale 3 speed hardbodied Toyota FJ40. Will be curious to see if Tamiya come out with more 1.10 scale items crossing over with their static model making division.

Tamiya have been bashed in these forums over their re-re policy, unfairly in my opinion, this is surely one occasion to give them the credit they deserve.

Take away our own personal sentiment and nostalgia surrounding the individual originals though and I think this is their most exotic and technically accomplished achievement do far.

I got no great love for the originals, but the rerelease version is pretty impressive in it's own right, even ignoring it's heritage.

Like Jerome said, the gearbox is a gem, and at least they went all out to create a new gearbox to retain the style (and belly clearance) of the original rather than shoe-horning a high-lift undercarriage into the shell and nailing on a rock-guard

As far as 'impressive' goes, making a pretty much new kit look a helluva lot like an old one and going as far as making new axle casings etc (when they coulda re-used two or three others as a bodge) is right up there with hover boots and jetpacks ;)

Pics on tam blog interesting says custom pack on the battery wonder if it is anything special? looks great and all the others XR311 to

need to build mine now!!

I got no great love for the originals, but the rerelease version is pretty impressive in it's own right....

So have you changed your mind and are now thinking of buying one then? ;)

Does this picture point towards a future 'hop-up' control unit to turn it into an automatic ??

manauto.jpg

Does thsi picture poitn towards a future 'hop-up' control unit to turn it into an automatic ??

DSCF7985.jpg

Check this out makes it worth buying for this alone!!

Cleaning brush

hehe as stickers say I am in Hog Heaven with this re-release!

Here ya go (dead link on Tamiyblog)

post-1185-1328096941_thumb.jpg

Looks like they had some running around a test course and one rigged up with cut away gear box showing it working wow, do we get shows like this in UK?

More detialed pics to cant get over how much more realistic it looks compared to later hi-lift series!

So the TOYOTA windscreen decal is included, they just chose not to fit it to the display model. ;)

hopefully it has full ball bearings, but probably it will be a DIY job, front axle looks to be same construction as the old one. Gearbox wait and see if all is accesable.

Pitty there is no driver in it, the guy from the hilux 4x4 would have been happy to drive it.

edit : axles have new diffs so might be easier to put the bearings on

Does anyone else here share the feeling that this just might be their greatest ever RC release in the 36 year history of them doing it?

Wandy I would have to yes , you have hit the nail on the head with that .

Well to me it is & the 2nd is the super shot .

Ok, one more observation, does anyone think this needs a driver (even the original) just seeing it drive along the beach driverless seemed a little odd.

Don't worry, not gonna stop me from buying one.

Anyone still getting the Supershot? Might try and combine the 2 of them in one shipment.....ouch, that's gonna hurt.

Yep , i want them both .

If it hasnt already been posted...tamiyablog have some pics up from the fair

Edit: should have known it would have already been posted ;)

Check this out makes it worth buying for this alone!!

Cleaning brush

hehe as stickers say I am in Hog Heaven with this re-release!

My new tooth brush ;)

So have you changed your mind and are now thinking of buying one then? :lol:

I'm always thinking of buying stuff, the missus is ok with me thinking of buying stuff ;)

If I had the ££ this'd be one for the collection, but I'd hang on until the second kit comes out...

I'm always thinking of buying stuff, the missus is ok with me thinking of buying stuff ;)

If I had the ££ this'd be one for the collection, but I'd hang on until the second kit comes out...

Good stuff. :lol:

I just remember you and a few others saying that they wouldn't be worth £500 a pop and you would steer clear of it. I had a feeling that seeing one in the flesh might sway those opinions. :D

Anybody notice the RS-540 Torque Tuned motor at the show? I bet they made this for The Bruiser. I wonder how it compares to CR Tuned motor.

I just remember you and a few others saying that they wouldn't be worth £500 a pop and you would steer clear of it. I had a feeling that seeing one in the flesh might sway those opinions. :)

Funny how sanity plummets down the pan when faced with a fine looking chassis innit :lol:

I'll resist the Bruiser though, the Mountaineer might be a tougher challenge although a Honcho and Slash still make more sense financially

Unless I win the lottery I won't be getting one. Even if I had £600+ burning a hole in my RC wallet right now I doubt I'd get one. Obviously looking at the pics of it its a work of model making art but having said that there's equally good looking trucks out there for less money that will crucially be more fun to run.

I guess this (re) release shows that thare are no holy grails left.....:lol: Although very tempting, I will stick with my old three speeds for now and wait for the inevitable rerelease of the Mighty Blazing Blazer!

Thank you Tamiya for giving us after 30 years the toys we saw as a child but weren't able to buy........I imagine Mr Tamiya being a grandfather who is giving in to the wishes of his (grand) children.

So no reason for not bringing out the annual RC guidebook, just like yesteryear!!!!!!!!

ARIGATO!