Panther F

My 1/16 Tamiya M26A1 Pershing and M4A1E8 Sherman

Need to get back in the groove on taking pictures. On another forum a member requested a side-by-side comparison of two Tamiya tanks ... the M51 Super Sherman and the Pershing. This was the best he was going to get so I thought I'd show it here too. :)

HPIM3384.jpg

~ Jeff

Those are so awesome. Sometimes I wish they really shot pellets! Could hunt small rodents!

Nice work on those, they look beefy!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Need to get back in the groove on taking pictures. On another forum a member requested a side-by-side comparison of two Tamiya tanks ... the M51 Super Sherman and the Pershing. This was the best he was going to get so I thought I'd show it here too. :)

HPIM3384.jpg

~ Jeff

Very nice!.

Those are so awesome. Sometimes I wish they really shot pellets! Could hunt small rodents!

Nice work on those, they look beefy!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Well thanks!

You do know that Heng Long tanks shoot pellets, right? :)

~ Jeff

Is the M-51 Super Sherman the 56032 kit? It looks like you have the correct M4A1 cast hull where all the pictures of the 56032 kit I've seen have a M4A3 hull which makes them look like a M-50 with a M-51 turret.

Well thanks!

You do know that Heng Long tanks shoot pellets, right? :)

easy enough to fit a bb gun in the turret :)

~ Jeff

Is the M-51 Super Sherman the 56032 kit? It looks like you have the correct M4A1 cast hull where all the pictures of the 56032 kit I've seen have a M4A3 hull which makes them look like a M-50 with a M-51 turret.

I don't know off hand what the kit number is but I have heard a lot of tankers voicing their displeasure on that kit, not having the correct hull or not having very many correct parts.

I just wanted to build a M4A1E8 (not either of the Israeli tanks) from the 50's because Camp Atterbury here has 2 of them among the other tanks and AFV's sitting on display.

~ Jeff