pastimesteve

Your favorite Tamiya runner at the moment

Every once in a while, we have one of these threads, but it has been a few months, so...

I know many of us are dealing with cold weather, which is not always conducive to enjoying our RCs, but what Tamiya car in your stable gets the most run time these days? For me, it's still my DT02, but that's probably more due to my Tamiya fleet being extremely small at the moment. My other Tamiya, a re-re Hornet, has a burnt out motor, so it's temporarily down for the count.

Steve

Errrrrmmmm... My favourite runners for the moment, due to the fact that we have gotten a bit of snow are all non-tamiyas. :S

First up: My Traxxas Slash 4x4 VXL.. Hard to get a better car for this type of weather.. Fast enough to plow through quite a bit of snow, and weatherproof enough to withstand it too..

Second up: My 2 Axial SCX 10 Toyotas.. Well, these are part Tamiya, as they both feature Tamiyas Toyota Hilux-shells.. Due the offroad-nature of these cars, and lots of added weight and aggresive treads, they do a good job in the snow also..

Third up: My Wedico CAT 966 wheel loader.. This is self explanatory.. It´s fun to use to plow the garden paths free of snow. :wacko:

Fourth up: Well, actually, it haven´t been run this winter yet, but usually, i crank up my old trusty TXT-1 for some snow runs also. :rolleyes: It goes well in the white stuff, and the height of it rescues the ESC from the snow, lol. :D

Cheers.

Michael

Every once in a while, we have one of these threads, but it has been a few months, so...

I know many of us are dealing with cold weather, which is not always conducive to enjoying our RCs, but what Tamiya car in your stable gets the most run time these days? For me, it's still my DT02, but that's probably more due to my Tamiya fleet being extremely small at the moment. My other Tamiya, a re-re Hornet, has a burnt out motor, so it's temporarily down for the count.

Steve

CR-01 Landcruiser at the moment

Mark

my m03 mini gets the most action, mainly due to it being my only tamiya race vehicle.

i have a bunch of tamiya's but they rarely ever get used, but we started racing fwd carpet locally so my mini has gotten quite a bit of use.

my race vehilces get the most use; b4, rc8be, m03, and abc genetic.

Mine would be my re re scorcher, though only had it out once since I got it and that ended up with broken bits :rolleyes:

But if it ever snows it will be my SCX10 with a F350 body on, so a bit Tamiya

I'm hopeful to get the pair of DF02's up and running this weekend, and hope my missus doesn't wreck her one!

My Blitzer Beetle until the Misses collided with me with her DT-02 and snapped the left rear axle stud right where the drive pin goes through. :rolleyes:

My last 6 rc outings have been with my 1/16th Slash cos it's small and light enough to carry when the battery runs out :rolleyes: I like it for it's compact dimensions and it's toughness. Last tamiya I ran was the grasshopper II although I hope to get the restored bear hawk out this weekend.

During these winter months it is a pretty limited choice. The Brushless Slash 4WD is waterproof so it gets used a lot.

The E-Maxx and Super Clod are winter favs because of the big tires and 4WD too, although neither is particularly waterproof. So far that hasn't stopped me though. :rolleyes:

My new Brushless RE-RE Sand Scorcher with a ball diff and slipper clutch!

004.jpg

and my semi-scratch modern/vintage creation of a BAJA RACER!

020.jpg

OSR

When I last ran, my Buggy Champ was racking up the scale miles in the wet and the snow. The good times...

I've got a few runners to choose from :rolleyes:

But lately my Top Force & my Boomer have seen the most action, they both handle & drive differently & are both a whole lot of fun to drive.

Last few times I went for a run I've been taking both(using the GT3B 2.4 Ghz is great no more swapping crystals)

img27857_09012012131526_4.jpg

Hi,

Living in the desert its hard to beat my scale(ish) modified CR-01 -

pb151510.jpg

Main mods are -

1) Shortened Wheelbase to fit the body better

2) Converted to coil over shocks

3) 19 turn motor with 23 tooth pinion for a reasonable turn of speed

Other than that, any of my m-chassis and my new addition rust look Sand Scorcher -

heap_a10.jpg

My Cars Page

Duane B

rcarduino.blogspot.com

My favourites are my vintage runners, Astute & Egress.

As crazy as this sounds though, the car that is getting used most is my DB01 with a 35t CR tuned motor :D Running the kit 17t pinion it's possibly the slowest DB01 in the southern hemisphere. It's still running hopped up suspension, dampers, slipper clutch, titanium screws etc. My three and a half year old son insited on driving the DB01 so out came the EZRun and in went the crawl motor. It looks very odd going so slow but the grommet loves it. :wacko:

My favourites are my vintage runners, Astute & Egress.

As crazy as this sounds though, the car that is getting used most is my DB01 with a 35t CR tuned motor :D Running the kit 17t pinion it's possibly the slowest DB01 in the southern hemisphere. It's still running hopped up suspension, dampers, slipper clutch, titanium screws etc. My three and a half year old son insited on driving the DB01 so out came the EZRun and in went the crawl motor. It looks very odd going so slow but the grommet loves it. :wacko:

You really need to check out my blog - Child Mode/Full Speed Mode, have the best of both worlds in one car which you can switch between child mode and dad mode remotely

Duane B

rcarduino.blogspot.com