76capri

Junkyard Fox Finally Upgraded to Brushless!

I'm quite lucky as I work on an Airfield, so I've got a nice long smooth run.

Yes, that is pretty nice. I have a long dead end street in walking distance as well as some VERY large fairly new parking lots 2-3 min drive from the house...but that doesn't beat an air strip.

I'm guessing it gets exponentially more difficult to go faster? If it cost me $175 to go 50MPH does it really cost $925 ($1100 for the Traxxas XO-1) to go another 50MPH faster?

Its cost me about the same, give or take a few £/$'s

I think if I got the blitzer to 100mph it would end up in a million pieces! Although if you gave me $925 I reckon I'd get it there :)

Did some runs today. very disappointed. With the 19 tooth gear the car didn't go any faster!

Managed a best of 46.2MPH. I think the tires are the culprit. They are most definitely ballooning so much that I think they are slowing the car down. New tires are definitely in order.

I do know I'm pushing the motor past it's efficiency point. It gets very warm during the runs I make.

Did some runs today. very disappointed. With the 19 tooth gear the car didn't go any faster!

Managed a best of 46.2MPH. I think the tires are the culprit. They are most definitely ballooning so much that I think they are slowing the car down. New tires are definitely in order.

I do know I'm pushing the motor past it's efficiency point. It gets very warm during the runs I make.

try using foam inserts and double sided tape to secure the tires . i've found super glue flexable ( black ) to be the best thing to use to glue the tires to the rims .

You're obviously at the point where the overall gearing (pinion, spur, gearbox and tyre diameter) needs to be optimised to allow the motor to hit max revs.