MattC

Will the Re-Releases come to an end soon?

Yep, I know a lot of people share this view, but the Scorchers and Bruisers will still exist and there will more than likely still be a market for them. Whether or not it will be a big market, who knows? It's like 1:1 cars now, 1980's cars particularly fast fords are now very collectable and demand big money, but the 60's market is as popular as ever, Austin/Morris Mini coopers are much more popular and valuble than the later Rover versions, and who wouldnt want a Jaguar E-Type or Healey 3000 for example?

Yes trends change but there will always be demand for iconic brands and products, the thing with re-releases just like the BMW Mini and the latest Fiat 500, is that as popular as they are, for true collectors you cant beat an original!

I understand your point, I'm just not sure it applies to the RC market in the same way. With classic 1:1 cars they have a timeless appeal to a wider demographic, not just a nostalgic appeal for a group of people who grew up with them. Admittedly though, given that the classic RC's we're collecting now are the first generation of RCs, it's difficult to know if the things that appeal to us will appeal to our kids, or the cars that are around now. Given the view that we have on this club of what is classic is a little polarised, getting a truly objective idea of this would be difficult, I think.

I understand your point, I'm just not sure it applies to the RC market in the same way. With classic 1:1 cars they have a timeless appeal to a wider demographic, not just a nostalgic appeal for a group of people who grew up with them. Admittedly though, given that the classic RC's we're collecting now are the first generation of RCs, it's difficult to know if the things that appeal to us will appeal to our kids, or the cars that are around now. Given the view that we have on this club of what is classic is a little polarised, getting a truly objective idea of this would be difficult, I think.

True! However another possibly better comparison would be corgi toys, they are still popular and the early examples fetch silly money. I recall discussions from my youth which said that trends would change and values would drop but they haven't.

Just a thought thats all.