Colt Seavers

Questions re buying kits from Hong Kong...

I'd like to buy an Avante 2011 kit from Hong Kong. RC Mart (dinball) have some kits in stock, but which shipping method do you choose when you buy from HK? You can have airmail or for an extra charge you can have EMS shipping. Which is the best, and does one have more chance of being stopped by customs than the other? Is the Hong Kong post insurance worth having?

Also, has anyone here used RC Mart? Is their packaging any good?

Thanks for your help :-)

I'd like to buy an Avante 2011 kit from Hong Kong. RC Mart (dinball) have some kits in stock, but which shipping method do you choose when you buy from HK? You can have airmail or for an extra charge you can have EMS shipping. Which is the best, and does one have more chance of being stopped by customs than the other? Is the Hong Kong post insurance worth having?

Also, has anyone here used RC Mart? Is their packaging any good?

Thanks for your help :-)

Where are you located ?

I live in the US and I can say that both rcmart and EMS shipping are incredibly fast.

I ordered a kit from rcmart on Thursday 2012-02-02, rcmart shipped Friday 2012-02-03, and according to the usps.com website, the kit is being delivered to me today (Monday 2012-02-06).

Oh, yes, I forgot that bit! I'm in the UK.

Hi mate, I once bought a sand scorcher body set from RC Mart and their service was great, no issues at all. The packaging could of been better if I'm honest but it was "only" a body set not a full kit. Having said that there was no damage. EMS is very fast, usually as quick if not quicker than buying from the UK! Tell them what you want and they will be very accommodating I'm sure.

I recently got my Avante Black Special from RCMart and packaging was very poor. Kit box was damaged (see photos in my showroom). I think I was unlucky, there seems to be plenty of people on here who have had excellent service from RCMart - I would still use them but ask them to make sure they package your kit in a strong box. Mine had plenty of bubble wrap but the outer box was very weak.

....oh, and I chose EMS and got hit for customs (UK) for about £23.00. They had marked the kit with a value of only 50USD which helped! :)

I recently got my Avante Black Special from RCMart and packaging was very poor. Kit box was damaged (see photos in my showroom). I think I was unlucky, there seems to be plenty of people on here who have had excellent service from RCMart - I would still use them but ask them to make sure they package your kit in a strong box. Mine had plenty of bubble wrap but the outer box was very weak.

can u put a link to ur showroom to see the level of damage :)

in this case i have a question to. maybe someone knows...

Did anybody from Austria orderd a kit from HongKong? any experience?

sometimes i ordered parts, and they didn´t hit the customs. but with kits i am not sure about that.

ohh,,not that much :)...so u r going to build it. right?

Yes will be built within next few weeks, just need to finish a couple of other things first :D

The damage to the kit box is not too bad and I wouldn't normally be that bothered but for such a special kit it kind of spoils it..

I'd prefer to get it from Stella, but they don't have any stock. Who knows when/if they might get more?

I'm sure they will still be able to source you one from their supplier, I think it takes a few days for them to get it once you have placed the order. It's probably the case that most people who wanted an Avante have now got one therefore Stella will now just supply to individual demand.

....oh, and I chose EMS and got hit for customs (UK) for about £23.00. They had marked the kit with a value of only 50USD which helped! B)

tru, never use ems if you dislike paying customs