Sign in to follow this  
gozone

Chatroom?

As the headline says.. Does anyone ever use the chatroom on here?. :)

Cheers.

Michael

As the headline says.. Does anyone ever use the chatroom on here?. :D

Cheers.

Michael

There was a time that the link to get in to the chatroom was on the front page; it had lots of traffic during those days :)

Well, it´s not all that difficult to find these days either I think. :)

Well, it´s not all that difficult to find these days either I think. :D

Yeah, but ever since Chris moved it, it pretty much fell into complete disuse.

Not saying it's a complete cause and effect, but the two did coincide :)

Yeah, but ever since Chris moved it, it pretty much fell into complete disuse.

Not saying it's a complete cause and effect, but the two did coincide :)

I think it's more that on one of the older versions of TC there was a list of who was in the chatroom, which showed on the homepage.

Where is the chatroom? :unsure:

Edit, Is it only for subbies? :unsure:

Homepage, community drop-down, bottom of list

Not sure :unsure:

Thanks TWINSET, found it now, thought it was in the forums, but it's on the main site. :unsure:

It is for subscibers only. :unsure: .

Sorry, but this service is reserved for subscribed members only.

Well I should subscribe really, I have been here long enough now :) most of my cars get bashed though so I don't really need a showroom. I will look into it if I ever have any money that isn't all ready accounted for. :unsure:

The girlfriend says that while we have seperate accounts, I can do what I want with my money, but when we get a joint account that will change. Should I dump her now? :unsure:

Edit, If I buy my next model from Fusion, subscription would be free or as good as. :)

I thought I would post this up in case there is any other non-subbies on here?, am I the only one? :unsure:

your own managed website, geared specifically towards the Tamiya owner and RC collector. a personal details page, where you can write about yourself and your collection, complete with links to your own website if you have one.

a showroom, to show off your RC collection, all organised by model and category, with the facility to allow people to comment on your models (all under your complete editorial control). You will also be able to leave comments on other people models, who may have listed them as 'member comments only'

a movie area, somewhere to host all your radio control related movies

a trading area, in which to sell, trade or ask for parts and models. You will have the option to either restict trading to fellow members, assuring confidence in dealing with more serious collectors, or you can open the trade to any one of our 5000+ visitors a day. Likewise you will get to see other subscribers trade items when they are listed as 'members only'

an automatic link to your ebay auctions, and inclusion in our ebay sellers list.

a secure contact system which allows visitors to contact you via email, without ever publishing your email address.

viewing statistics for all the items in showroom, so you can see how popular each item is. More importantly, counters for trade items too, vital for guaging effectiveness of your advertisement.

access to the higher resolution manual scans, useful if you need them as a printed reference

Big discounts at our online shop and with our 'sponsors'. One big shopping spree and you'll have covered your membership

all administrated via a very user-friendly web browser interface, so no programming or HTML knowledge is required.

Doesn't help when I try to use the chatroom and IE tries to install something from an unknown publisher from www.addonchat\soemthingsomething I can't remember. Denied the program access to my machine as I didn't know what it was doing :unsure:

Doesn't help when I try to use the chatroom and IE tries to install something from an unknown publisher from www.addonchat\soemthingsomething I can't remember. Denied the program access to my machine as I didn't know what it was doing :unsure:

I just tried on a machine that's never been used for it before it and it never asked me - are you 'current' with all your Java updates? as a little Java symbol pops up next to my clock

Hee-hee, that´s just the Grunt feeling left out. :P Last night it got a little, errrmm... Weird in the chatroom, and *someone* felt "shunned" for some reason..

Apparantly, not knowing what that meant, Twinset made the CLASS comment: "Is that a good thing?".. LOOOL.. :D

Well, I´m in the chatroom now, if anyone wants to have a chat??.. :P

Feel free to join in.. :D

I'm setting up a SIG for 'the shunned' now - anyone is free to join, but unfortunately your join requests will be ignored... :unsure:

Used to use it...Well about six years ago :unsure: Would have a scooby doo as to where or ho to get in now :D