kyosho1

If Tamiya ever re-release the 80"s Tamiya R/C guide books, will you buy?

Which Tamiya R/C guide book would you like to see reprinted (re-released) ?

Or are you happy to read the current scanned versions in your tablets/notebooks?

I like all the 80's ones & I would buy them if they are reprinted. (hint hint to Mr T)

My original guide books are all "macerated" looking. So I hope reprints are done on better papers.

In the 80's, I brought them with me to holiday trips, dinner outings, school, naps & they are especially good as toilet reading companions :)

• Like 1

Which Tamiya R/C guide book would you like to see reprinted (re-released) ?

Or are you happy to read the current scanned versions in your tablets/notebooks?

I like all the 80's ones & I would buy them if they are reprinted. (hint hint to Mr T)

My original guide books are all "macerated" looking. So I hope reprints are done on better papers.

In the 80's, I brought them with me to holiday trips, dinner outings, school, naps & they are especially good as toilet reading companions :D

:) I would have to say yes . I have got some . Not a bad thread . :P

Yes I think I would - 1980 to 1989 anyway, after that I wouldn't really be bothered :)

I have one from 1980 in poor condition, a 1983 one (Brabham BT50 on the front, Wild Willy on the back) that is in fair condtion, and a 1987 one (Bigwig) that is in truly appalling condition - you know how some old books are described as having some "foxing" to the cover/pages? This one looks as though two foxes had a massive fight over it, and after several hours of mortal combat the eventual victor dragged it across several fields & kept it down its hole for a decade or so - the cover is separated, it looks like it's been soaked at some point, and most of the pages are held on with very elderly tape :P

Major years of interest for me would be 1984 (Grasshopper), 1985 (Hotshot), 1986 (though I'm not even sure there was one), 1987 (Bigwig) & 1988 (Avante) :D

Ps don't spend too much time ready on the dunny - your ringpiece will not thank you for it later in life ;)

• Like 1

I'd buy them for sure. Mine are quite worn. I drug them around with me everywhere I went along with a pencil and paper. I was constantly drawing the boxart out of the catalogs.

I don't think there is any chance of this actually happening for one simple reason: the purpose of the guidebook was to drive sales of the current product line. The expense of paying a publisher to produce the guides simply couldn't be recouped from product sales from items that aren't being sold anymore.

Sure wouldn't mind being wrong though. :)

Well, I wouldn´t buy any. :D I have only got a few of the old ones, and yes, they are interesting to take out once in a while, but not interesting enough for me to go out and buy new ones.. I´d rather get some more spares and new kits to build instead, LOL. :)

... I´d rather get some more spares and new kits to build instead, LOL. :)

But you can't build kits while parking your breakfast.

Not that I've tried, you understand :D

I thougt on this myself just recently. But i would like to get my hands on a nicely made book with hard covers and all sides in high quality paper. A different layout sure would be needed. It must contain every guide book and possible every tamiya catalogue trough 70, 80, 90 and maybe past millennium too.

I know for sure I would get it...:-D

Zlimmy

But you can't build kits while parking your breakfast.

Not that I've tried, you understand :D

No problem. I never eat breakfast!. ;):D:D

I would like the one with the black and gold frog in it as it's the one I really remember, but I'm sure the ones a couple of years either side would float my boat covering the models I remember from the time anyway :D

For pure nostalgic purposes I would definately buy some. Don't like your chances of tamiya rereleasing them though. I would rather see them rerelease things like technigold motors. Mind you, if they think they could make money on them, don't be surprised!

Now how's this for an idea , instead of a brush ( bruiser bonus ) or bearings etc . WHAT about the 80's R/C guide book that had the article of that

product . So if you buy the hotshot , you would get as a bonus the 80's R/C vintage guide book . :D

I got one of those... But i didn't pay that much for it.

:lol:

+1 :)

To summarise, for anyone that doesn't want to pay that much:

1- Mr Tamiya is in to tanks in a big way

2- The Mini 4WDs were their biggest seller

3- anyone expecting a lot of info on RC cars is going to be very disappointed

:)

Was there ever a Tamiya RC book I seem to remember something that covered the RC history only or did I just dream it?

Was there ever a Tamiya RC book I seem to remember something that covered the RC history only or did I just dream it?

There was one in Japanese only I think? Tamiya perfect 30th 1976-2006 or something like that?

I would have liked to see them or another complete history catalogue (doesn't have to be a perfect re-issue of the guide books), with the same pics and text and maybe some more relevant info,

like something we could all reminise over, that would be cool :)

I would say yes but I was lucky enough to buy '86 '88 '89 ''91 '92 '95 '99 '00 '02 off another tamiyaclub member for the princely sum of $50 recently :)

I wouldn't mind and early eighties one though!

Cheers berman, I agree with you on that one something like that would be good, in this day and age they could put one together like a digital magazine, no paper so no real cost to them, scans would have a certain quality having been taken from original prints win win :)

Tamiya does not make any guide books now,they just make fliers. The Perfect books and other book like the 2012 line up books are not published by Tamiya. Thye are made by a book company that specializes in hobbies.

If somebody had the connections to publish books im am sure you could have Perfect Book printed in English. Or just redo the old guide books.

But I dont see Tamiya doing it as they dont even print the Line up books now. They are even sold in different markets,I can not buy the line up book from Hobby shops I have to go to a book store to buy it.

From TamiyaBlog, a Tamiya RC book

celebrating its 40th anniversary is coming with

Special Appendix: 1978 No. 1 reprint 1 / 2 scale Tamiya RC guidebook

Sounds like this is the beginning of their re-releases of their guidebooks. Fingers crossed!

Tamiya will not go wrong with that cos i know many of us will snap them up; one to keep mint and another to flip through as often as we like and I can only hope they release the English version of them.

I can only hope they release the English version of them.

I hope Dickie-Tamiya Germany gives it a try, since their yearly Tamiya R/C car catalogues are bilingual (English/German) anyways and in phone book size.