Sign in to follow this  
Shanks

Any alternatives?

Can anyone tell me of any alternatives I can use to replace the little cylindrical sponges that are put into the diff joints in the Dyna Storm/Blaster diffs to cover the allen bolts? I took mine out to service the diff & one of the cats nicked off with em & are now nowhere to be found.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

Wire insulation, shrink tube or maybe rubber tubing for automotive use. On the other side of this, I test the cars indoors and the cat looks at them like their about to move and leaves them alone. She did try try to make off with a rubber band and overload protector last night, I'm laughing with you bud

If they're similar to the sponges that go in the out drives to stop dogbones rattling, I've used rollup cigarette filters and also the rubbers out of the ends of pencils...

Can anyone tell me of any alternatives I can use to replace the little cylindrical sponges that are put into the diff joints in the Dyna Storm/Blaster diffs to cover the allen bolts? I took mine out to service the diff & one of the cats nicked off with em & are now nowhere to be found.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

just give it two days till the cat takes a dump :D

The soles of shower thongs maybe? Cheap foam you can cut up. I know it sounds like vampire stuff but put a clove of garlic on the work bench. It's how animal trainers teach cats where not to go, they hate the smell. Or a little kitty leash tied to the bumper of the RC once finished might get the idea across. We are talking house cat right? Not one that eats what makes it mad, no matter the size. Just had this image of some predatory cat with bits of RC for a chew toy.

I use a piece of old 6mm neoprene from a wetsuit or good stronge sponge, then use an office hole punch to knock out the disks I need. They work great

If they're similar to the sponges that go in the out drives to stop dogbones rattling, I've used rollup cigarette filters and also the rubbers out of the ends of pencils...
I use a piece of old 6mm neoprene from a wetsuit or good stronge sponge, then use an office hole punch to knock out the disks I need. They work great

I have used the cigarette filters before. I have also seen others use neoprene form a cheap mouse mat.

Alternatively for a genuine Tamiya part 53577 (OP. 577) TRF Damper Urethane Bushing work and seem to be what is included in the newer Hop-up diff sets.

Thank you for all the ideas guys :lol: I have found some of the actual ones for sale on Ebay but im not going to buy any of those just yet as I have found some scrap bits of memory foam I had forgotten about so I will try that first. I also have an old mouse mat I can try, but those TRF bushings look like a very good alternative.