Ashleysmith

My TA03 drift car

im currently doing a project for uni, and basically i bought an RC car chassis which was originally going to be for the project, however after a night of procrastinating, i decided to make a drift car... but with my own little twist!!

this is the post from an RC forum i'm (now) on...

Hi guys,

im new to the drifting lark, but i thought i should do something out of the ordinary.

This project actually started as a byproduct of another project i am currently doing at the min.

anyway,

I am using a Tamiya TA03 chassis and slowly converting it into a drift project (any advice you can give, please do)

what makes this project different is that unlike your usual set up that use an analog signal, mine is completely digital, and with that its been a bit of a ballache as i have to program everything... the angle of the steering servo, all the way to the speed of the motor. i've been trialling this system on my other project and i know it works, its just putting the code through a fine tooth comb to make sure everything reacts as it should.

am i limited by the board??...

not a chance, the possibilities are liturally endless with this board, after completing this, i am going to play around with an onboard video feed/recording. though this will most likely require a second board unless i can increase the inputs and outputs on the current board.

I am also using a playstation controller which means i can program any button to do anything...

enjoy guys...

60cdb846.jpg

cdc33d03.jpg

cdc33d03.jpg

bfaa1c1e.jpg

your TA03 appears to be a "RS" version which is short wheelbase, shorter than a standard tourer

so what's your project? what's Mr Arduino doing, actually driving the car or its still remotely controlled?

your TA03 appears to be a "RS" version which is short wheelbase, shorter than a standard tourer

so what's your project? what's Mr Arduino doing, actually driving the car or its still remotely controlled?

Indeed. I'm suddenly very interested in these shorter wheelbase cars....(after WillyChang set me straight in that other thread. If I end up buying yet another car, I'm blaming him!)