Sign in to follow this  
elsworth

help with speed

i need some advice , i have a ta03 and want to make it really fast, its ball raced and i use a 15t motor. am thinking of ezrun but don't no what this thing is about a program card. can anyone please explain and give me advice

i need some advice , i have a ta03 and want to make it really fast, its ball raced and i use a 15t motor. am thinking of ezrun but don't no what this thing is about a program card. can anyone please explain and give me advice

The program card is to set the ESC. You can set braking force, initial punch, drag brake, motor direction, timing, lipo low voltage cut off, etc. It's a very simple and easy to use device.

With regard to making the TA03 really fast, your major problem will be not be horsepower, but the wheels & tyres. Due to the tyres having such a small diameter, they have to rotate a lot faster to achieve the same speed as a buggy with larger tyres. What then happens is the tyres ballon to a knife edge, you have no grip, and end up in the nearest hedge. I had exactly this problem with my TT-01. I was using a TT-01 with a 8.5T eZrun and a 10.8V battery. I'd geared it up with a smaller spur gear, as soon as you exceeded half throttle the car would spin out of control.

Have a look at this thread.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...=63601&st=0

My advice would be to look VERY carefully at what LiPo you can fit in the car. This will determine the limit of what motor / ESC combo to use. The battery is the ciritical item. If you can get a 3S LiPo in there of a reasonably high capacity go for it and get a EzRun 8.5T combo. If you can't get a 3S LiPo go for the 5.5T motor. The 8.5T on 3S will give the same performance as the 5.5T on 2S, but will give more torque and less current draw, and consequently it should be possible to gear it that little bit higher and go that tiny bit faster. This will probably be too fast to control, but it's always fun to try, and these combos are available on ebay for around £70 at the moment.

If cash is no object get a 120A ESC the 5.5T motor, and a 3S LiPo. I guarantee this will be too fast and the car will uncontrollable. The RPM the drive shafts will be rotating at will probably cause the pins to to come out of the end of the dognbones. :)

Or just read this page, the first part and the second part -

Advice

and buy yourself a nice set of grippy tyres and a smart bodyshell instead and have some fun !

You can of course disagree ;-)

Duane B