94eg!

53038 Avante Carbon Graphite Chassis Set

I finally got around to scanning my Carbon Chassis Set instructions and I thought I would share with everyone.

eBay1Avante.jpg

Page-1

1.JPG

post-11886-1329318832_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Great post!

Why don't I have one of those? :angry:

Would it be possible to scan the chassis and top plate as well? If you can do, please put a ruler beside it for sizng.

A long time ago I made my own LWB chassis for my Avante from fiberglass. Had to custom make a longer propeller shaft as well. I made it from a photo of this set in some rc magazine.

Tom

get ur self an Egress, and there u go ;)

Sorry but my kit has been assembled for over 10 years. :angry:

01.jpg

D20_0092.jpg

D20_0119.jpg

D20_0117.jpg

• Like 1

Nice ;-)

Do tou have some pics without the body?

Tom

No, but it is identical to the Egress with a few special Vanquish & Avante suspension bits. As you can imagine, it would be a process to remove the body. The front shock tower needs to be un-bolted. I didn't trim the Vanquish body per the page-8 instructions because I felt it would have ruined the nice front end shape. Especially with the airbrushed paint.

On a side note: I'm not quite sure why they recommend trimming like this for this kit. it's only necessary if you have a hi-cap or Egress front shock tower (which is not part of this kit). Even then it's not necessary. My Runner Vanquish is mounted like the one above (with hi-cap shock tower), and I rarely have to remove the body. Plugs & batteries can be accessed through the side or bottom.

No, but it is identical to the Egress with a few special Vanquish & Avante suspension bits. As you can imagine, it would be a process to remove the body. The front shock tower needs to be un-bolted. I didn't trim the Vanquish body per the page-8 instructions because I felt it would have ruined the nice front end shape. Especially with the airbrushed paint.

On a side note: I'm not quite sure why they recommend trimming like this for this kit. it's only necessary if you have a hi-cap or Egress front shock tower (which is not part of this kit). Even then it's not necessary. My Runner Vanquish is mounted like the one above (with hi-cap shock tower), and I rarely have to remove the body. Plugs & batteries can be accessed through the side or bottom.

i agree, cos the Vanquish's top front style is very unique and it so bad to trim it out...:angry:..on mine i didn't do it ( thanks to ur advice before :)

and there is no any difficulties in putting the battery in place, just remove the 2 pins and ther u go ;)

maybe they do recommend for timing for race cases so no wasting in time in removing the bolts and re-bolting again.....:)

i wish Tamiya do vanquish with Egress chassis and all these Hop-Up items...really hope so :)

I'm waiting for the re-re :angry:

Well, i don't think so at least in this year.....but even if they re-release it, they will have hex type Screws which ( i think ) uncompilable with + screws ;)

i hope they make exactly identical as Egress in 1989...( they can )

I would still be VERY surprised if Tamiya included titan screws in a re-re Egress. We shall see...

I would still be VERY surprised if Tamiya included titan screws in a re-re Egress. We shall see...

yea,,, but makes Egress an Egress is the T.S. out of the box :angry:

lets hope there is a plan to re-re...then at that time, i will buy 5 ;)

Nice box set there.

I'm in the process of having fresh Egress chassis, top deck, front and rear mounts and the little side plates re-made in Carbon Fibre. My Egress parts are OK but I want new and a different style of carbon weave.

I'm not as confident as others the Egres will get a re-re.

For those that are interested I'll probably be parting out my 53038 when I bring it back from NZ in a month. I'll also have a lot of used and new Egress parts for sale...

Somebody may want to convert their Avante to an Egress...

Your post reminded me of my manual - that I should place it in the original box together with some other Avante spares. I spent 3 hours last night looking for it, scanning all my other instrucion manuals if I inserted it there. I think I lost it..

The good thing is that I found some parts that I've been looking for to get my car together again. :lol:

While I'll be working on getting my car back together, would anybody be interested in a reproduction chassis set?

Upper and lower decks, plus I can add the steering plates, and shock towers.

Great post!

Why don't I have one of those? :D

Would it be possible to scan the chassis and top plate as well? If you can do, please put a ruler beside it for sizng.

A long time ago I made my own LWB chassis for my Avante from fiberglass. Had to custom make a longer propeller shaft as well. I made it from a photo of this set in some rc magazine.

Tom

Hi Tom,

If you are searching for "alternative" carbon egress chassis you have to look at FIBRE-LYTE in UK ..... I've bought a set of shock tower from him (front & rear)

Only a few weeks ago .....

..... And i can deal with a CAD-Drawing for all Egress chassis parts ..... I can send you pictures ......

Let me know if i can help you ..... As i'm a TC-Member too ;-)

Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Rcfuzzy