Sign in to follow this  
JYCM3

The Hornet by Jun Watanabe

I think some members have already purchased it actually.

Thanks for that. Have ordered one from Banzai Hobby - never ordered from there before so fingers crossed. Daughters birthday is November so will have to stash it until then - Wife and daughter build should be fun :)

Thanks for that. Have ordered one from Banzai Hobby - never ordered from there before so fingers crossed. Daughters birthday is November so will have to stash it until then - Wife and daughter build should be fun :)

No problems with Banzai, have got 5 or 6 kits from them in the past.

I do think it looks pretty cool though and if i was going to buy a Hornet, i'd be tempted. I like the fact it is so different and sat on the shelf, it'd certainly be a conversation starter :)

I dunno if that'd be a selling point for me since the conversation would always start the same way: "Ugh! what the heck happened here?..."

This would be more likely to start conversation's I'd want to be part of.

Lets face it, this hobby to the outside is pretty nerdy and i bet there are more than a few members on here tucking their jumpers into their trousers, probably into their pants too and thinking it looks good! :P

Well, in my mind Professor Skid has a great taste in clothes, hasn't he?! :)

Sayer being a 30+ year old man interested in plastic toys is a conversation starter in itself and is sometimes not one i want to be a part of! :)

Lets face it, this hobby to the outside is pretty nerdy and i bet there are more than a few members on here tucking their jumpers into their trousers, probably into their pants too and thinking it looks good! ;)

:P That joke was time release as I had to translate "jumper" and then "pants": "Why would tucking your shirt into your pants be...oh, PANTS!"

It's true though. I'm the only one I know in real life who cares at all about R/C beyond thinking it's kinda cool and quirky when I pull out the King Cab at a picnic. On that point though, I suspect I'd get vastly different responses if I pulled out Jun's Hornet.

I like the new hornet, its smart.. and I'm cool.. so if you dont agree with me then you are obviously not cool :huh:

I showed my Mrs this car and she said she liked it, I asked her to explain and she said she liked the colours.

Then I showed her the standard Hornet and she said she doesn't like it.

Going back 20 years the "moo cow" look (black and white to look like a cow)was the bee's knees,the black and white polkadot reminds me of that......I still like it.:)

I've finally succumbed and have just nabbed one of these. I have deliberated over it for a while now but have finally bit the bullet, on something of a whim. I'm not gonna lie, it was the two photos below that pushed me over the line. Flame me if you want but I actually think it looks rather beautiful in these shots. :ph34r:

tamiya-the-hornet-by-jun-watanabe8722_zp

tamiya-the-hornet-by-jun-watanabe8724_zp

Browsing around the net I also spotted this effort from Mr Watanabe too. Not bad either. :)

jun-watanabe-smart-car-2_zps21c035a9.jpg

jun-watanabe-smart-car_zps3207e702.jpg

e0f9b61043df9768421e148fa4908d32_full_zp

I've finally succumbed and have just nabbed one of these. I have deliberated over it for a while now but have finally bit the bullet, on something of a whim. I'm not gonna lie, it was the two photos below that pushed me over the line. Flame me if you want but I actually think it looks rather beautiful in these shots. :ph34r:

tamiya-the-hornet-by-jun-watanabe8722_zp

tamiya-the-hornet-by-jun-watanabe8724_zp

Browsing around the net I also spotted this effort from Mr Watanabe too. Not bad either. :)

jun-watanabe-smart-car-2_zps21c035a9.jpg

jun-watanabe-smart-car_zps3207e702.jpg

e0f9b61043df9768421e148fa4908d32_full_zp

So you going to get the shoes & the car to go with that ?... :lol:.

I have been thinking about getting one , But still have not .

It would be just to had to the other hornet / grasshopper sets , is the only

way i would get one , ;) Then i may have to get one , as i have the GH , N sets .

OMG!! why do i come on here ??. NO! i will hold off :D . I hope

So you going to get the shoes & the car to go with that ?... :lol:.

I have been thinking about getting one , But still have not .

It would be just to had to the other hornet / grasshopper sets , is the only

way i would get one , ;) Then i may have to get one , as i have the GH , N sets .

OMG!! why do i come on here ??. NO! i will hold off :D . I hope

My aunt has one of these cars actually and it is a hoot to drive. Her's is the "Night Orange" sports model though, seen here...

2011-smart-car-smart-fortwo-nightorange-

I can't deny that I prefer the orange one over the Watanabe effort. :lol:

• Like 1

Hi everybody,

where can I find NIP Watanabe's black rims for the Hornet please?

Many thanks

Max

Hi everybody,where can I find NIP Watanabe's black rims for the Hornet please?Many thanksMax

JR-RC Web page .

http://jasons-store.highwire.com/

& type in hornet & he has them .

But just check with postage 1st ? as he may not post to Italy .

But you could say your a TC member & that "may" help ???????.