Sign in to follow this  
MadInventor

Revell Takeover by US R/C manufacturer

I've just received an e-newsletter from my LHS saying that it's been reported that Revell have been taken over by a US company with an R/C focus.

Anyone know any more ???

Wouldn't have thought that any R/C builder other than possibly Traxxas would be big enough to do this.

Let the rumours and conjecture start here :(

Or maybe HPI as they starting to do a lot of scale die cast models

The only confirmed news i know of is that Revell USA as rejoined in partnership with Hobbie Co of Germany .

Revell has been selling entry level rc helicopters for a while now, mostly rebadged Chinese cheapys and remember, they bought out Monogram a few years back, and Monogram had the 1/10th Lightning, a 4WD buggy with lay down shocks that went well, comparably with it's peers, the Hotshot and etc of the time.

They also sold the "RPMz" mini RCs for a while, which were re-badged Auldey cars with 1/24-25 scale bodies. I bought a couple for around $25 USD, and they're not bad for what they are. Many Kyosho Mini-Z parts fit. I have put some standard/static kit 1/24-1/25 scale bodies on mine.

Revell has been selling entry level rc helicopters for a while now, mostly rebadged Chinese cheapys and remember, they bought out Monogram a few years back, and Monogram had the 1/10th Lightning, a 4WD buggy with lay down shocks that went well, comparably with it's peers, the Hotshot and etc of the time.

Well, even though I only like Tamiya RC cars, I must admit I'm curious about what the new owners of Revell will be doing RC marketwise. I always liked their static models!

Well, even though I only like Tamiya RC cars, I must admit I'm curious about what the new owners of Revell will be doing RC marketwise. I always liked their static models!

I was thinking along these lines as well. Perhaps another manufacturer producing scale models which are R/C, rather R/C models where function dictates form.

Revell have made some excellent hot rod bodys over the years in 1/10 scale so they have some history of working with rc manufactures . What has basically happened is that Revell has being bought by Hobbico of Germany who are well know for scale rc aircraft .

Be cool if they did a detailed 1/10th scale rc or non rc KubelWagen or type 1 or ghia or nice military pickup make a change from seeing tamiyas way out of scale things of late... or as above a nice h/rod ...revell do some nice static kits so why not go bigger an better theres a market for it in our r/c world.. :P

be intresting to see what happens