Rvsmith

LUNCHBOX SHELL?

I have recently upgraded the silver can in my Lb and as expected things have started to break.

I have upgraded every thing now to deal with the added speed and power but subsiquently now need a new shell, is there a shell I can get that is tougher than the standard shell? Like reinforced or stronger plastic???

Any help would be good

I have recently upgraded the silver can in my Lb and as expected things have started to break.

I have upgraded every thing now to deal with the added speed and power but subsiquently now need a new shell, is there a shell I can get that is tougher than the standard shell? Like reinforced or stronger plastic???

Any help would be good

you could reinforce it with drywall tape and shoe goo

I like Parma's lexan Lunch Box shell. It's not necessarily "tougher," but the paint is on the inside and doesn't scuff off like the regular styrene shell. It's also lighter which helps the Lunch Box wheely more, and it helps with cornering. I haven't broken any stock body mounts with the lexan shell, either, since it flexes on impact.

-Paul

Lexans require special paints, a reamer, and curved scissors to do a good job. If you don't have a reamer, you can use a drill to poke holes for the body mounts. And then on top of that you'll want to buy the Amazing Goop or Shoe Goo to reinforce that body. The goop will be neccesary especially for the LB. But once you do all of these things you'll be golden. Your LB will handle better, ride quieter, and the crashes will bounce off the LB like a rubber ball, almost literally considering the goop on the insides.

In the end, however, you'll be spending quite a few bucks.

RC isn't cheap at first. But after you get the latter items, you'll be paying only for the body next time around.

I'm thinking of getting another Parma shell for the LB and giving it a very clean, simple paint job. All white, with a single emblem somewhere on it in black. The van is a Dodge body, but I have a vision of the Honda "H" sprayed on it. All I'll need to do is buy the white paint and body.

(I also have the option of painting my current LB Lexan over, on the outside, in black, and go for a more grungey, death-metal look.)

With shipping in the USA included, the lowest I've seen the body for is 20 US dollars. Shop around.

Any help would be good

Hey Guys,Any idea on how much the vintage Lunch Box is worth used & in GC?Thanks in advance,Gomesy