Sign in to follow this  
arthurposer

HONDA HSV-010 body

Man that is amazing. The plain black test car has always been one of my favorites. I wish I could experience the Honda/Mugen all-motor V8 in person. Super GT came to the US once back in 05 and the NSX's walked all over the competition in both GT300 & 500. Even the best sounding car (and slowest) of the show was a GT300 NSX.

Here is some cool info on the car:

http://world.honda.com/HSV-010_GT/

BTW: This is the Mugen HR10EG that powers this beast:

6nV96639.jpg

5pr96730.jpg

En696730.jpg

ufz96730.jpg

Wow, all that gold foil makes it look like something right off the space shuttle.

Your rc version looks nice!

Wonder if I should rice up my B and K series motors with gold duct tape.. hmmm B)

Honda are the Daddy's when it comes to engine design . Why the Americans can'nt get the same amount of power from a V8 without making it 5lt plus is beyond me .

Honda are the Daddy's when it comes to engine design . Why the Americans can'nt get the same amount of power from a V8 without making it 5lt plus is beyond me .

It's just a very different design philosophy. If you think about it, that Honda/Mugen engine above doesn't really make much power. All engines in this class are limited to 500bhp via an air restrictor.

If you ever get into motor tuning, you will find that more displacement means more power potential. This holds true for pushrod V8's as well. The pinacle of all-motor pushrod V8's technology (NHRA ProStock) can lay down over 1400hp at 10,200rpm from 8.2L (500ci). That is 173hp/L. It's no joke to make that happen.

It's just a very different design philosophy. If you think about it, that Honda/Mugen engine above doesn't really make much power. All engines in this class are limited to 500bhp via an air restrictor.

If you ever get into motor tuning, you will find that more displacement means more power potential. This holds true for pushrod V8's as well. The pinacle of all-motor pushrod V8's technology (NHRA ProStock) can lay down over 1400hp at 10,200rpm from 8.2L (500ci). That is 173hp/L. It's no joke to make that happen.

I'am a regular visitor to Santa Pod drag strip (uk) where top methanol motors are hitting 6000 bhp.A standard Honda S2000 makes 247 bhp from a 2.2 lt engine = 123 per litre . So if you think about it a 5LT could make 691 bhp . Yank motors are just big old heavy pieces of iron and their years behind in engine design .

As the old muscle car saying goes, there is no REplacement for DISplacement. Generally, anyway.

I'am a regular visitor to Santa Pod drag strip (uk) where top methanol motors are hitting 6000 bhp.A standard Honda S2000 makes 247 bhp from a 2.2 lt engine = 123 per litre . So if you think about it a 5LT could make 691 bhp . Yank motors are just big old heavy pieces of iron and their years behind in engine design .

I can't tell if your agreeing with me or being a *******...but you've certainly backed up what I was saying. The HSV (147HP/L) barely outshines a S2k (123HP/L) and can't compete with a "Yank" Prostock pushrod V8 (173hp/L). :D

Power is a direct relation to rpm and torque is a direct relation to displacement. The higher the rpm, the greater the HP/L. very simple and we can see that above. The real art lies in the tuning. The HSV motor spins the same max rpm as the ProStock engine, yet the prostock engine is beating by 18% in the HP/L dept. So who is the better engine tuner?

Anyways, racing is all about rules. So none of this really matters. One race engine can only truly be compared to another of the same class. This also uncovers why Americans like pushrods V8's so much. Most of our popular big-dollar racing series use them (Nascar NHRA). I myself like Honda street 4-bangers and hi-tech sports-car racing (LMP).

My lame Civic:

Header-2.jpg