76capri

Return of the Junkyard Fox

Some of you may have been following my other thread

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...c=65045&hl=

I've run about 25 batteries through my Junkyard Fox project so far. I took her apart for a cleaning, repair of some crack pieces and some upgrades.

I did the brake fluid treatment to a blue original Tamiya shell, and used a heat gun to remove the decals from the damaged body to the new not so damaged one.

Before

post-38400-1331174873_thumb.jpg

After

post-38400-1331174939_thumb.jpg

The car is also sporting a Duratrax 2500 7.4 pack, Tires from 3racing and a 19 tooth pinion.

The car SCREAMS! It lifts the front wheels at full throttle and that's from a roll.

The rear wheels dont fit btw I'll need a set of these:

gmade_2-S.jpg

I'll take pictures once I buy them..

The rear wheels dont fit btw I'll need a set of these:

gmade_2-S.jpg

I'll take pictures once I buy them..

Yeah they would be rubbing on the top arms wouldnt they?

The wheels look trick, looks like 1:1 car on 22s!! lol

Yeah they would be rubbing on the top arms wouldnt they?

The wheels look trick, looks like 1:1 car on 22s!! lol

Yeah. I'm figuring a 13MM spacer should give good clearance without looking goofy. The tires are a bit big but it doesn't look too bad.

I tossed the original rear tires on the car today and took it for a run. HOLY COW is it fast. Too fast. Silly, uncontrollably fast. The only way to reach top speed is to go slowly from 1/2 to 3/4 to full throttle. Otherwise the front lifts and flips over. A few times I managed to drive on one wheel! Once I track the speed I'll install a 14 tooth gear and be done with it.

I managed to smoke the rear tires.... literally! They ballooned to 1/2" wide and burned a 1/2"-3/4" line in the tires. So much for my 20+ year old Pro-Lines!

Very nice work on your chassis, I've just ordered up some black Plastex after reading your other thread!

Are those nice adaptors meant for fitting hex drive wheels to older cars with the five stud fixing (as o on the SRB / Hornet / Lunchbox / Blackfoot) or are the meant for spacing wheels out further on cars that already have hex drives?

Like the sound of smoking tyres shame they don't last too long doing that :)

have order and used on my junkyard bigwig and hb project like your fox the bigwig is going to be thrashed :)