Sign in to follow this  
Zac_F83

Showing off

Hi everyone- not sure if anyone had ever started one of these on here but WTH? I'll start with my recent 1970 dodge Challenger T/A mounted on a TCS legal TT01E, then the super fragile 1970 Plymouth Superbird, Then my Proline Flo-Tek body on my 2wd Slash

I love and hate the Challenger body for the simple reasons that it's a 2 piece design and the decals could be of better quality material wise- you get 1 chance to get the decal right cause if you have to peel it back up to redo the placement they stretch out literally - I stretched the tail light decal out a full 1/2" still looks ok though with 1 cut

HPIChallenger1.jpg

HPIChallenger2.jpg

290466_10150988055990402_798520401_22072205_1359806187_o.jpg

SCbody.jpg

Slash1.jpg

Slash2.jpg

hey good job. Decals can sure be frustrating especially when you have a lot of time into a body. I really like that color scheme on the pickup truck. It looks like you modeled it off of that picture of the real truck.

Hey, aren't some of these for sale?
the Slash is on eBay as we speak- more into on road.. the Superbird body I slide into a couple things messing around with it and cracked the paint again so I'm repairing it and selling it (just the body) as it's to fragile - the Challenger is currently mounted on the Bird chassis. It will be the basis for 2 1/2 more builds that will have the HPI- 69 Z/28 Camaro, 70 BOSS 302 mustang, and the 70 AAR Cuda bodies (4 matched cars to race)

Thanks for the kind words!

I don't know if you've subscribed to Tamiya Club yet, but I did recently and really like the showroom feature. It's a great way to see what other people are building and show off what you've built. The commenting system is good, too. You can put cars up for trade and also bookmark other people's models as favorites. It's been well worth the £15 (~$24) to me.

-Paul

I don't know if you've subscribed to Tamiya Club yet, but I did recently and really like the showroom feature. It's a great way to see what other people are building and show off what you've built. The commenting system is good, too. You can put cars up for trade and also bookmark other people's models as favorites. It's been well worth the £15 (~$24) to me.

-Paul

I haven't yet.. I'll look into it.. I have just seen it done like this on other forums so I figured I'd start one

BTW, nice job on the Challenger! I like the color and vintage wheels. I have a Barracuda shell that's also two-piece, and I share your frustration with the decals. The front bumper was painful for me on the Barracuda.

-Paul

BTW, nice job on the Challenger! I like the color and vintage wheels. I have a Barracuda shell that's also two-piece, and I share your frustration with the decals. The front bumper was painful for me on the Barracuda.

-Paul

hmm good to know as I plan to get the HPI AAR Cuda haha THANKS! it's PACTRA Metallic blue, Indy Silver, Outlaw Black

I'm selling of a bunch of stuff and starting over with the Challenger being the basis of my builds-

building 4 matched TT01 cars to race together in my area- the HPI Chall. T/A(have), HPI AAR Cuda, HPI 69 Z/28, HPI 70 BOSS 302 Stang are the bodies I chose

... you get 1 chance to get the decal right cause if you have to peel it back up to redo the placement they stretch out ...

I used to find decals a bit nerve-wracking until I started putting them on with soapy water ... linky B)

I used to find decals a bit nerve-wracking until I started putting them on with soapy water ... linky B)

AWESOME link! that's just like window tint... Idk how well that would work on the chrome style HPI decals as they're very thin and like I said if you mess it up they stretch out worse than typical vinyl decals.. I have a hard time believing they're actually vinyl..

bringing this back up with another!

HPI 2005 Ford GT super car still needs 31mm wheels all around..

HPIGT.jpg

THese look really good. I have always thought of going to a onroad RC of sorts. hmmmmm? I really like the idea of the old school muscle car look!

OSR

THese look really good. I have always thought of going to a onroad RC of sorts. hmmmmm? I really like the idea of the old school muscle car look!

OSR

Muscle cars are my favorite to do.. I have plans to build 4 matched TT01 chassis and do up the HPI 70 BOSS 302 Mustang, 69 Z/28 Camaro, and the 70 AAR Cuda all to match the Chalenger

FINALLY got the new wheels for my Ford GT - Tamiya 2 piece mesh wheels 26mm front and 31mm rear with Tamiya M super grip tires front and rear - HPI tire foam

it finally has GRIP!!

Thinking about painting the centers though but can't decide what color..

TT01GT.jpg

thanks! I'll probably leave it minus painting behind the wheels centers black

Hi everyone- not sure if anyone had ever started one of these on here but WTH? I'll start with my recent 1970 dodge Challenger T/A mounted on a TCS legal TT01E, then the super fragile 1970 Plymouth Superbird, Then my Proline Flo-Tek body on my 2wd Slash

I love and hate the Challenger body for the simple reasons that it's a 2 piece design and the decals could be of better quality material wise- you get 1 chance to get the decal right cause if you have to peel it back up to redo the placement they stretch out literally - I stretched the tail light decal out a full 1/2" still looks ok though with 1 cut

HPIChallenger1.jpg

HPIChallenger2.jpg

290466_10150988055990402_798520401_22072205_1359806187_o.jpg

SCbody.jpg

Slash1.jpg

Slash2.jpg

Love the Challenger!!! What color/brand of blue is that?

Nevermind, I saw your earlier post with color info. I've always been a fan of the late '60s-eary '70s muscle cars, and HPI has done a great job with their recent vintage releases. Once again, your Challenger looks great!!!

Are we supposed to post our pics? Is that's what's going on here?

Are we supposed to post our pics? Is that's what's going on here?
ya that's what I was trying to get started- a pic thread of your best paint jobs-

Hammer10

yes it's the HPI body with PACTRA Metallic Blue rattle can, then silver to brighten the color, then black to seal it all (going for the B5 blue -real color that the 1:1 cars came)

THEN I used a knife and cut the cover film where around the hood lines and painted that with Krylon semi gloss back

How is the Krylon paint holding up? I use Testors' Model Masters Lacquer rattle can (Flat Black) on my vintage HPI bodies (on the outside). It adheres well and they also produce manufacturer authentic colors such as Dodge Panther Pink, Chevrolet Hugger Orange, & Ford Grabber Green just to name a few. Just make sure you get the Lacquer, not Enamel. It's all I use on my HPI vintage bodies.

Total one off build . Modified Buggy Champ with my own paint design .

post-37759-1333782964_thumb.jpg