Raman36

Kyosho Sand Master

On 1/18/2024 at 6:58 PM, khyzersoze said:

So I sold mine a couple of years ago, and now that I see this is being re-released.  I wonder if I should give this rig another shot?

1:10 Scale Radio Controlled Electric Powered 2WD Buggy EZ Sand Master 2.0 Color Type 1 34405T1 - KYOSHO RC

COOL!  I have been pondering getting a Nexxt but impossible to find for a reasonable price.  This chassis was most recently the Monster Tracker 2.0, and it had several improvements:

1: The motor sits higher so the rear end isn't dragging lower than the rest of the chassis.

2: The gear case has 5 or 6 pinion mounting hole options, 21 to 27 pinion teeth (48P)

3: I think the old steering servo mount was a bit odd?  This one has a normal mounting system.

I really want a kit without the electronics, but I might have to grab this anyway and source a Nexxt body...

Here is the exploded view:

https://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/instructionmanual/ez/pdf/34405_SANDMASTER2_0_ex.pdf

It looks like they went to hex head hardware, still mostly tapping screws.

I just picked up on ebay a slider monster tracker.  I thought it was a Monster Tracker 2.0, but it is 1.0, with the droopy motor butt with only 2-3 motor mount holes.  Still figuring out what body I am going to try and put on it.  It is my first Kyosho in 30+ years!