markturbo

TL-01 LA Arms in Aluminum?

Are there any aftermarket aluminum A-arms available for the TL-01 LA ? I ordered some arms from GPM thinking they were for the LA but turns out they are for the standard TL-01.

Are there any aftermarket aluminum A-arms available for the TL-01 LA ? I ordered some arms from GPM thinking they were for the LA but turns out they are for the standard TL-01.

I don't think there are, but why would you want them? :) I thought the plastic LA-Arms were pretty strong and rigid?

And despite the lack of availability of aftermarket TL01-LA Arms, you could actually have a set 3D printed - perhaps not in aluminium, but I know a company (www.shapeways.com) that sells the service for printing your own models in Nylon reinforced with aluminium powder (which has the same or a slightly lesser tensile strength than their regular nylon, but is way more rigid).

I think you're asking for a world of trouble using ally arms on the TL01 - if you hit anything it will transfer all the impact to the chassis. Because of the way the arm mounts are molded directly into the chassis you could end up needed a complete chassis each time...

Just my 2p.