focus1

The most accurate scale built RC you have seen?

Hummerigrusen.jpg

I don't have much to bring to the table. This Hummer is built by my friend Roy, former TC member 4-stroker, who also has built alot of other intersting scale builds.

Him, me and Andreas (can't remeber he's former TC nick) started back in 2005 to drive RC cars where we looked for scale details and preformance. Back then I remeber we had a page cald TruckTrailTamiya.

We had lots of fun. At that time in Norway, nobody els was doing this. Someone was doing rockcrawling but that was also very rare. When things got serious and this was made into a class,

all of us where already going on with alot of other stuff- but Roy is still building trucks, both big and small. And I am a fan, and getting help with my 4x4 cars.

I remeber seeing once a scratch built RC with a real stick shiftet gearbox and moving pedals and so on? I remeber someone at TC made the most wonderfull boat and boat trailer for a Honda CRV XC. The Kyosho Go Kart, is that a good example of pretty good scale accurasy out of the box? Can we make this tread full of pictures staring quality built scale RC? I would have loved that!

I can probably find some better shots from the "old" days later.

Also scale scenari is nice. Has TC ever had such a contest?

There was a youtube video posted recently with a scale drifter with a driver that pulls on the handbrake and other things, I will try and find it.

It might not be what you are looking for but it impressed me. B)

Here it is,

There was a youtube video posted recently with a scale drifter with a driver that pulls on the handbrake and other things, I will try and find it.

It might not be what you are looking for but it impressed me. B)

Here it is,

WOW !! Great detail & video , Nice find .

Its not strictly RC but this has to be the most amazing feat of modelling i have ever seen .

The two last post is in the absolute amazing end of the scale!!! I have seen that car before, I wonder if he ever started another project. I have always wonderd why he did not care to figure out how he could radiocontroll all of it? Maybe he's is afraid it would not hold?

Nice Unimog Skottoman, lots of details and looks fun to drive to. This was my thing to. XC size veicles. Does anybody know how scale the Pajero, CRV, Wrangler are?

He he, funny drifting vid there. Have tought about doing somthing simular myself. He has a wrist fracture and it is not my type of styling :-)

Wyoming has many nice models!!! There are and were some very talentet modelers at TC.

I had this in my favorites. Absolutly lovly scale tamiya action. Hope you don't mind Cul-tech?

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...06&sid=2707

CRVwithboat.jpg

To this day I still have to look twice at this to confirm that it is merely a model.

hjjh.jpg

getuserimageasp-5.jpg

This one of the best I've ever seen...from scratch Robocop 2/"Robocain", with working video screen.

Link to build:Robocain Build

Link to video of head/video build:

That is one very nice Hilux Wandy! Love the pic's as well. I think boat the bushwackers and the ordinary paintjob suits it very good. Going into your showromm to take a nearer look.

Looks like that robocop guy has put in alot of ours on the lathe- I don't understand this I must say. If I had equipment and skills like that I sure would have built somthing for driving :-)

Having once spent 18 months scratch building a large scale motor torpedo boat with fully functioning motorised guns ect i can see were the robo guy is coming from . Its a case of i can do it so i will and the enjoyment is in seeing you concept come to life . I wish i had photos but unfortunately my ex binned them together with the boat some years ago :blink:

Does anybody know how scale the Pajero, CRV, Wrangler are?

I measured my CC01 Pajero and my real Pajero. By my calculation it's a perfect 1:10 scale. The driveline layout is even the same with double wishbone front suspension and live axle rear. Scale potential of the Pajero is certainly there. Some clear windows and a full interior is a good start and there's plenty of room. Mine, SWB and LWB wagon models, are both still in the build stages.

I measured my CC01 Pajero and my real Pajero. By my calculation it's a perfect 1:10 scale. The driveline layout is even the same with double wishbone front suspension and live axle rear. Scale potential of the Pajero is certainly there. Some clear windows and a full interior is a good start and there's plenty of room. Mine, SWB and LWB wagon models, are both still in the build stages.

This pic always blows my mind since it looks like someone put a CC01 Pajero and MU on a street together

This pic always blows my mind since it looks like someone put a CC01 Pajero and MU on a street together

That's really a couple of scale models? :blink:

TA- Mark. That is some cool information! I wonder is the Pajero the only one?

I went again to wyomings showroom since it came up again. Loots of very nice stuff. I went to he's favorites and guess what I found!!! Roy's Deuce and a half.

Deus1.jpg

Deus.jpg

That picture was very scale realistic Sayer. it was somthing with the tales or wheels or grass, but if I had not expectet it to be RC I would have belived it to be real.

bromvw... You have my sympaties.

Is that a Vauxhall Frontera to us Brits?

Or Honda Passport, or Isuzu Rodeo etc.

That's really a couple of scale models? :blink:

No those are real, but these are mine, and they're not.

pajeroMu.jpg

So it's fair to say the CC01 is almost disappointingly (because you can't take much credit for just building it according to the manual) scale.

Not a whole car but does part of one count? It is the engine from the Fiat Abarth 1000 kit. Has only 3 spark plug leads becasue i ran out of wire......anyway i'm still looking for some matching wire to finish it off. I found some EVA foam off cuts the other day so decided to try adding an air filter. Its made with EVA foam and i used a piece of 1mm ABS, double sided tape and alfoil to make the chrome filter cover. Then i rolled it over a piece of mesh from the XR311 using an old vegemite jar to get the pattern. Was the first try and will do it agian next time without so much force. The chrome parts on the engine are also done with alfoil and double sided tape.

post-25454-1331713020_thumb.jpg

post-25454-1331713350_thumb.jpg

Oh my goodness! This is amazing as well. I seriously hope the maker doesn't ever paint it. It just looks way WAY too impressive in it's raw form. Absolutely phenomenal.

Thank's for putting up that pic :o

It's a very intresting build/thread,whats more impressive is the guy is doing this as a hobby and using manual machining equiptment :lol: no cnc here!!!!!!!

I think he may just be my hero :o