Sign in to follow this  
spiff84(2)

Costly

hi

does anyone know the most expensive Tamiya RC between model 1 and 150? Astute? Ergress? TF Evo? And what would you say was the most expensive for the time it was released? as money value changes, of course. And did this model sell well?

Thanks

I would say 934, Hilux and avante. These in their times cost around one or 2 months of a regular worker salary.

I hear the Bruiser was NEVER cheap... I also heared it cost about 2 months avarage salary including electrics! [:o]

For me, it was the ss NIB, 1600$! [:I][B)] It was my first car bought on ebay!

[:o)]poulpit.

quote:Originally posted by Sjoerd

I hear the Bruiser was NEVER cheap... I also heared it cost about 2 months avarage salary including electrics! [:o]

id="quote">id="quote">

Kit only $275 at Towers... [;)]

TH-nov88.jpg

Bruiser was always the most expensive kit I can remember, even without the cost of 4 channel radio. In Australia, a Bruiser package with radio set was around AU$900. [xx(]

Such a shame you can't still get them for US$275 *SOB* [:(]

Super Shot was the next most expensive, with packages over AU$600. I never saw an Egress, Avante or Top Force for sale out here, not sure what they went for. The Dyna Storm kit is over $600 here when it can be found.

Makes me feel not so bad about the $$ I've spent building my Frog, Fox and Super Shot.

- James

I'm told only about 20 Egresses made it to Oz, so it would not have been a common to find lying on the shelf. Hearsay suggests it was priced at about A$800 then.

Friends also say the Bruiser sold for A$720 in the late 80s; the 4ch radio would be about $250 and the battery pack was $100. Charger was another $100... so all up one was looking at an $1200 investment.

And this was back when the AU$1 = US$1 nearly..!!! [:0]

The Egress has the highest retail price (price on box) according to the Tamiya Perfect album.

Egress 44000 yen

Bruiser/Mounty 39000

Top Force Evo 38000

Avante 34800

Hilux/Blazer 33000

quote:Hilux/Blazer 33000

id="quote">id="quote">

I thought Blazer was released to reduce the price compared to Hilux (chepaer body and MSC)?[?] Weird... In shops back then it was sold significantly cheaper than a Hilux...

quote:
Originally posted by DJTheo
quote:Hilux/Blazer 33000

id="quote">id="quote">

I thought Blazer was released to reduce the price compared to Hilux (chepaer body and MSC)?[?] Weird... In shops back then it was sold significantly cheaper than a Hilux...

id="quote">id="quote">

Maybe that's because they couldn't sell it - lets face it the bodyshell is a bit "unusual"[:P]

hi

thanks for the info guys. I surprised that the Evo cost more than the Avante, the Avante was a whole new car and the Evo was a TF with extra bits thrown in, but i suppose things like titanium screws and all those ball bearings do cost a good amount (i got an Evo, good thing nearly all the screws still there), and the Evo launched a few years after the Avante, so money would buy you less, but then again the Evo had no motor and a reused body-shell. The Bruiser very costly [:0], you'd be a lucky kid to get that for christmas!

Thanks

oh and btw in my original post when i said Astute i meant Avante, i always muddle the names, two of my fav ever cars and i still write the wrong name [:I]

quote:
Originally posted by WillyChang
quote:
Originally posted by Sjoerd

I hear the Bruiser was NEVER cheap... I also heared it cost about 2 months avarage salary including electrics! [
:o
]

id="quote">id="quote">

Kit only $275 at Towers... [
;)
]

id="quote">id="quote">

Look at the date in that leaflet, it's from 2003... [:D] Oh well, it was worth a try!id="beige">

quote:
Originally posted by Racing Master

Can you order me 3 Bruisers from Tower's at that price please?

id="quote">id="quote">

Sorry, ain't no yankee's agent... why not just call that 1-800... [}:)]

Sigh... last night just read D&T #3 (thanks Chris @QLD!!)... the news is even worse locally. I'll have to scan it in sometime else one'd never believe it.