OldSchoolRunner

Where do you do you work on your RC stuff?

I am sure this was covered a long time ago but I thought it would be fun just because the dynamic of the users that have joined the site has changed so much over the years that I have been lurking and posting on this site. So the question is.

Where do you work on your RC stuff? Vintage RC or new RC it doesn't matter because we all have to build and maintain our RC cars so I thougth it would be interesting just to see where we all do our thing to create, build, or rebuild our RC stuff.

So let me start the tour. Here is my workroom.

workshop001.jpg

My bench is relatively clean right now and I have one more project on the bench to finished.I only build in the late fall and through the winter here in Canada. Summer months are for running and basic maintanance.

lastproject003.jpg

Here are a couple waiting in the wings for next fall and winter.

futureprojects002.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the tour! :o

OSR :o

I really like the layout you have, OSR! Nice presentation, with lots of space.

Back when I was building my first RC car, I was literally working out of someone else's room:

workspaceu.jpg

At the time, I had moved into my sister's room once she went to university. I shared a similar space with my younger brother and that was getting crowded, so I managed to set up there. I found no other place to work on my car, so I did my best to equip the one I had. It was not bad for my purposes, except in this photo I was trimming the body-shell on the desk and using a Dremel sander to do it... Somehow I am still alive and not done in by all that polycarbonate dust!

I never really had a dedicated work-space, though; just any table I can sit and lay down a newspaper has been the place where I have worked.

I really like the layout you have, OSR! Nice presentation, with lots of space.

Back when I was building my first RC car, I was literally working out of someone else's room:

workspaceu.jpg

At the time, I had moved into my sister's room once she went to university. I shared a similar space with my younger brother and that was getting crowded, so I managed to set up there. I found no other place to work on my car, so I did my best to equip the one I had. It was not bad for my purposes, except in this photo I was trimming the body-shell on the desk and using a Dremel sander to do it... Somehow I am still alive and not done in by all that polycarbonate dust!

I never really had a dedicated work-space, though; just any table I can sit and lay down a newspaper has been the place where I have worked.

Hey man I have been there before too. :o Right now I am enjoying the space of the house. In a couple years I will be mostlikely back on a table late at night when the house is quiet. I plan on having some kids in the next couple years so I might as well enjoy the space for now. lolololol :lol: Thanks for sharing and joining in on the tour man! :o

OSR

I use to have the whole basement of my old house, but now, in my "new" victorian I share the finished attic with my girl. Dollhouses on one half, RC on the other. Since space is tighter, the runners now go on a shelf unit just outside the kitchen and my shelfers are on display all over the house.

Living room, Kitchen, conservatory... all depends what mood wifey is in :o

Pretty much anywhere I want. At the shop, office, my bedroom is where most are displayed. There are parts everywhere. Dollhouses reminds me I need to find a dollhouse parts store. The self sticking 2 conductor tape for dollhouse outlets would be perfect for RC light wiring.

I am sure this was covered a long time ago but I thought it would be fun just because the dynamic of the users that have joined the site has changed so much over the years that I have been lurking and posting on this site. So the question is.

Where do you work on your RC stuff? Vintage RC or new RC it doesn't matter because we all have to build and maintain our RC cars so I thougth it would be interesting just to see where we all do our thing to create, build, or rebuild our RC stuff.

So let me start the tour. Here is my workroom.

workshop001.jpg

My bench is relatively clean right now and I have one more project on the bench to finished.I only build in the late fall and through the winter here in Canada. Summer months are for running and basic maintanance.

lastproject003.jpg

Here are a couple waiting in the wings for next fall and winter.

futureprojects002.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the tour! ;)

OSR :)

So...Out of curiosity, how long has it been since you won the lottery? :lol:

Dear OldSchoolRunner,

If I had that much space I would freak out. I actually said "OMG" out loud when I opened this thread and saw your photos.

If I had that much space, I would

- Freak out!

- Tear out those cabinets, and build glass display cases and shelves

- Build custom workdesk with storage bins for screws, tools.

- Buy a drill press.

- Build a track on the floor for Mini RC's or paint the Tamiya Logo, or checkerboards.

- Build an entire custom painting booth with ventilation.

- Display all my NIB kits

- FREAK OUT!

But, since I live in California near the ocean, where a 1000 sq ft, 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom house costs half a million dollars, I work outside in an enclosed patio on my deck.

On a purple beach towel covering an old IKEA dining table. You WIN! :lol:

kh_build_1.jpg

So...Out of curiosity, how long has it been since you won the lottery? :lol:

Sayer! The lottery! I wish man! lololololol This is what you get being single for 39 years! lololololol I will be getting married next year :) Hopefully she doesn't need a sewing room or something like that! lolololololool

OSR

I have a small house, so all my work is done on my dining room table. I am single and haven't eaten on it in three years lol.

Dear OldSchoolRunner,

If I had that much space I would freak out. I actually said "OMG" out loud when I opened this thread and saw your photos.

If I had that much space, I would

- Freak out!

- Tear out those cabinets, and build glass display cases and shelves

- Build custom workdesk with storage bins for screws, tools.

- Buy a drill press.

- Build a track on the floor for Mini RC's or paint the Tamiya Logo, or checkerboards.

- Build an entire custom painting booth with ventilation.

- Display all my NIB kits

- FREAK OUT!

But, since I live in California near the ocean, where a 1000 sq ft, 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom house costs half a million dollars, I work outside in an enclosed patio on my deck.

On a purple beach towel covering an old IKEA dining table. You WIN! :)

kh_build_1.jpg

Skottoman I wish. I got to pay off the house before I am doing any of that! BTW you win! Dude! You win hands down living in Cali! lololololol You must runyour RCs all the time am I right?

Hey man it isn't about the size it what you are doing with your space man! Thanks for sharing you space. I like that we have had some photos of the sapces you guys are using! Very cool. Now when you post something that you built or restored now we have an idea of where you are doing it! :lol: Cool concept! ;)

OSR

I have a small house, so all my work is done on my dining room table. I am single and haven't eaten on it in three years lol.

Theibault! Love it! I was there too until my girlfriend moved in and she hinted that the basement workroom might be a better option ! Thanks for sharing man! You should post a pic! OSR:)

Living room, Kitchen, conservatory... all depends what mood wifey is in :lol:

I hear you! Post a pic. Next time you are at it! :)

OSR

I use to have the whole basement of my old house, but now, in my "new" victorian I share the finished attic with my girl. Dollhouses on one half, RC on the other. Since space is tighter, the runners now go on a shelf unit just outside the kitchen and my shelfers are on display all over the house.

Saito post a pic if you can man! Love the idea of the finished attic! I wish I had some natural light. One drawback of working in the basement! lololol

OSR

Theibault! Love it! I was there too until my girlfriend moved in and she hinted that the basement workroom might be a better option ! Thanks for sharing man! You should post a pic! OSR:)

Ask and ye shall recieve. Not much room to eat on, heaven forbid I spill something on my set up board lol.

IMG_20120314_211511.jpg

I wheel this pit-box from place to place, but at home I use the dining room table. My wife hates it, but what are you gonna do.

DSC_0499.jpg

Great thread OSR.

Well nice space you have there OSR , I wish i could have that much & i'm sure the rest of us would love to as well .

Now my problem is that i live in a BUS , 1953 guy bus , so there is NOT to much room .

The rear of the bus is bed room / lounge / computer room all in one .

The the middle is kitchen & the front is of course the RC room if i can call it that .

Now the bus is in a big shed , But the shed is very old & it does leak etc & very dusty in Australia

out in the regional areas .

Yes i have got some pic's .

This is standing in the door to get into the bus .

IMG_0453.jpg

This is the next pic that is part of the 1st one .

IMG_0454.jpg

Now this is looking back to the left of the door of the 1st pic .

IMG_0455.jpg

You would be surprised on how you can adapted to what space you have .

As i am in a big shed , Most of my stuff is out in it . Sitting in plastic containers etc .

Ok i have taken more pic's

Bus entrance .

IMG_0457.jpg

& of course the main part of the thread LOL .

IMG_0456.jpg

Ask and ye shall recieve. Not much room to eat on, heaven forbid I spill something on my set up board lol.

IMG_20120314_211511.jpg

Man that was what my table use to look like. I love it. I remember once that I was in the middle of a build (can't remember what it was) and I actually had my parents coming over. lolololol Need less to say nothing got moved from the table. I was really lucky that it was summer outside and we could eat out there! :lol: Thanks sharing and being part of the "Where do you work on your RC stuff tour?" :) OSR

I wheel this pit-box from place to place, but at home I use the dining room table. My wife hates it, but what are you gonna do.

DSC_0499.jpg

Now that is slick! I like the portability of it! This kit fantastic! Where did you get it?

OSR

DSC_0499.jpg

These team magic bags , are great .

I have one of these as well , Just for racing . Better than the wooden box

i used to use . I have a pic of it above , I made it at school for racing back

in the 80's . I use the 1/8 TM as the 1/10 was not stable . Well i found any way .

Now that is slick! I like the portability of it! This kit fantastic! Where did you get it?

OSR

Team Magic came out with these pit bags quite a few years ago. It's their "Formula 10" model for 1/10 scale touring cars. I bought this one unused from a guy that didn't need it on RC-Tech.net. They also make a giant 8th scale version good for 1/10th scale buggies, as well as a less expensive 1/10th scale touring bag (black & orange version) that lacks some features. BTW: There are a lot of cheaper clones of the 8th scale bag on the market if you look around. Some do have questionable quality though.

http://www.teammagicrc.com/

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGGE_e...nDJPViAL5yfDiCA

I forgot I had another pic of the two sizes of drawers:

DSC_0500.jpg

Great thread OSR.

Well nice space you have there OSR , I wish i could have that much & i'm sure the rest of us would love to as well .

Now my problem is that i live in a BUS , 1953 guy bus , so there is NOT to much room .

The rear of the bus is bed room / lounge / computer room all in one .

The the middle is kitchen & the front is of course the RC room if i can call it that .

Now the bus is in a big shed , But the shed is very old & it does leak etc & very dusty in Australia

out in the regional areas .

Yes i have got some pic's .

This is standing in the door to get into the bus .

IMG_0453.jpg

This is the next pic that is part of the 1st one .

IMG_0454.jpg

Now this is looking back to the left of the door of the 1st pic .

IMG_0455.jpg

You would be surprised on how you can adapted to what space you have .

As i am in a big shed , Most of my stuff is out in it . Sitting in plastic containers etc .

Ok i have taken more pic's

Bus entrance .

IMG_0457.jpg

& of course the main part of the thread LOL .

IMG_0456.jpg

Matman! This is awesome! No one would have ever known if you didn't share with us. That is just cool.

I love 1:1 cars too so I searched out 1953 Guy Bus. Is this what the bus looks like?

post-9121-1331819215_thumb.jpg

Man remember it is not about the space it is about what you are doing with it. Do you still travel around in the bus? I had a buddy that had an old VW van bus that we use to go from place to place on weeekends to run our RC stuff. Was some of the best memories one summer! Love the idea of take your gear from place to place. Thanks for Sharing man and giving us a tour!

OSR

Team Magic came out with these pit bags quite a few years ago. It's their "Formula 10" model for 1/10 scale touring cars. I bought this one unused from a guy that didn't need it on RC-Tech.net. They also make a giant 8th scale version good for 1/10th scale buggies, as well as a less expensive 1/10th scale touring bag (black & orange version) that lacks some features. BTW: There are a lot of cheaper clones of the 8th scale bag on the market if you look around. Some do have questionable quality though.

http://www.teammagicrc.com/

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGGE_e...nDJPViAL5yfDiCA

I forgot I had another pic of the two sizes of drawers:

DSC_0500.jpg

Now this is cool! I really like the concept. Would be good for travel. :lol: