Sign in to follow this  
atf300

Smallest durable hobby grade buggy

i just had a crazy idea of jumping a buggy in the living room . its fairly large but still very small, so im looking for the smallest possible hobby grade buggy. also it has to be durable.

any one got any ideas .

i just had a crazy idea of jumping a buggy in the living room . its fairly large but still very small, so im looking for the smallest possible hobby grade buggy. also it has to be durable.

any one got any ideas .

HPI mini recon is a beast i just sold mine to another tc member pics am on my post

Any of the mini 1/16th traxxas range (slash, revo)

If you want something cheaper hobbyking has quite a few similar sized models.

HPI mini recon is a beast i just sold mine to another tc member pics am on my post

that might still be a bit too big, but looks cool.

maybe the losi 1/24 mini

The Traxxas 1/16 are tough as old boots, but stupid fast. I wouldn't uncork one in my house.

Losi 1/18 Mini-T also a good choice and lots of parts & hopups. Pretty fast and can be made stupid fast, or even a bit slower than stock if you desire.

Tamtech 1/16 buggies are tough and much slower, which is why I drive them in the house. Upgradeable and can be made fairly quick or stupid fast - your choice.

Duratrax 1/16 (like the Vendetta) tough, fast, some upgrades. I'm not a big fan, but ... it fits the bill.

Recon is a neat little truck and fast right out of the box.

A few ideas for you anyway.

If you want tiny, then the Losi 1/24 micro t & micro rally or desert truck might be ok, but they are pretty tiny and some carpets will just defeat them utterly. I like the micro-crawler and they are a bit stunning with what they can do, but sounds like crawling is not your gig. Certainly not fast or jumping material. :unsure:

The Traxxas 1/16 are tough as old boots, but stupid fast. I wouldn't uncork one in my house.

Losi 1/18 Mini-T also a good choice and lots of parts & hopups. Pretty fast and can be made stupid fast, or even a bit slower than stock if you desire.

Tamtech 1/16 buggies are tough and much slower, which is why I drive them in the house. Upgradeable and can be made fairly quick or stupid fast - your choice.

Duratrax 1/16 (like Vendetta) tough, fast, some upgrades. Not big fan, but ... fits the bill.

Recon is a neat little truck and fast right out of the box.

A few ideas for you anyway.

If you want tiny, then the Losi 1/24 micro t & micro rally or desert truck might be ok, but they are pretty tiny and some carpets will just defeat them utterly. I like the micro-crawler and they are a bit stunning with what they can do, but sounds like crawling is not your gig. Certainly not fast or jumping material. :o

Thanks for the info. You're right, Im still not sure about crawling. Maybe next year or when I get enough money together for a summit. I think a pair of small losis might just be the thing for next winter. Kinda got the idea on a totally wrong time of the year :unsure:

Depends on availability, but Kyosho has a mini Inferno, mini Z Optima, and mini Z Lazer buggies.

-Paul

+1 on the Tamtech Buggies.

They are perfect for in the house, and if you upgrade them, they will give 1/10 scale fits on the street!

Completely hobby grade, as you can upgrade almost everything.

I have a few, and they are great.

Cheers,

Skottoman

+1 on the Tamtech Buggies.

They are perfect for in the house, and if you upgrade them, they will give 1/10 scale fits on the street!

Completely hobby grade, as you can upgrade almost everything.

I have a few, and they are great.

Cheers,

Skottoman

Kits right now only $75 now from Tamiya USA, too :unsure:.

Ive been eyeing up the 1/32 scale Tomy GX Buggy for a bit of fun indoors rc fix. 2.4ghz controller, 2 speed settings and able to do jumps upto 85cms high... And they're only £20 incl postage on eBay! Check out the videos on youtube

Maplin do a 1/52 scale - maybe too small

http://www.maplin.co.uk/mini-rc-buggy-152-...94&t=module but for £14.99 it might be a laugh .

I have one of these. It's more like 1/32 scale and a chinese translation mistake. They're slightly larger than the Losi Micro-T. Not a hobby grade buggy! Magnetic steering and forward/reverse without proportions.

1/36 Losi Micro-T goes pretty nuts on 7.4v Li-Po (My Micro-T Beetle). These are your smallest full hobby grade machine (just like a tiny version of a 1:10 Losi).

The Losi Micro-Ts are the smallest hobby-grade vehicles. HobbyKing has some decent 1/16 and 1/18 bashers for under $75USD that might fit the bill...most are brushless and all you need is a battery and TX/RX.

Ive been eyeing up the 1/32 scale Tomy GX Buggy for a bit of fun indoors rc fix. 2.4ghz controller, 2 speed settings and able to do jumps upto 85cms high... And they're only £20 incl postage on eBay! Check out the videos on youtube

The GX buggies are fantastic. I use mine more than my Micro-t.. They are quicker (Stock) and more durable. The throttle is proportional, however the steering isnt. Its not a problem though as you can easily change your steering arc through throttle control. I have event raced one on a 1/10 circuit..

Here is a write up

GX buggy review on the RC RACER