Sign in to follow this  
RCNub

Electronics help

Hey guys, i posted a topic about choosing a chassis back in january and i was finally able to get the TA05 vdf

i just finished and i have no experience whatsoever on choosing electronics/motors.

TA-05015.jpg

basically, question is, what motor/servos should i get? and which transmitter is better between the spektrum dx3r pro and the dx3s?

Thanks in advance :lol:

Hi there, that looks great, what's your plans for this, bashing/racing etc, do you have other cars or buying everything including battery and charger, do you have a budget we can work on.

oops sorry about that, my plans are mostly drifting and some grip driving,

this is my only car atm, and budget is around $300. i already have battery and charger.

Thanks

i have a Hobbywing XERUN 8.5 in my most-often-used VDF... its cheap & laying about,

was going to be a temporary measure when it was built until i could find something better

(the other VDFs run Novaks with 6.5Lite) but so far haven't found any excuse to change.

A sensored combo is worth the extra over unsensored; Hobbywing proven good brand nowadays.

have been using DX3R & DX3S for some yrs now, again found no reason yet to upgrade.

R has some fancier menu functions but S has the telemetry standard, probably not much use to you

so just get whichever is the cheaper... there's also DX3c & DX2S which work just as well.

get a decent servo too, i'd go something like Savox 1251 if buying today