Sign in to follow this  
Hudson

falcon front wheels

Hi everyone, I'm restoring a falcon with a few mods as a runner, I'd like to put some different wheels on, I specifically want the front wheels to be wider and more aggressive looking, does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance to anyone that responds..............

Cheers

Stephen

Bigger diameter wheels will do the job.

Wild One/Fox front wheels are a choice.

There are also yellow star dish wheels that fits the Falcon.

Max

There are also yellow star dish wheels that fits the Falcon.

Max

I am using the the yellow star dish wheels as came on the the Holiday Buggy 2010. Brings the wheel/tyre sizes (almost) to the modern 2.2 inch size while keeping the the original colour scheme.

This also allows for a wider range of tyres as any manufacturers 2.2 inch buggy tyres will fit on the wheels if glued.

The only problem may be that the front star dish wheels are not the modern wide type but I am running modern Proline and Panther tyres on them.

ok cool, they look perfect, thanks for that, will these wheels fit straight on or need an adapter??

Here are some links to my suggestion :) I think these would look great on a Falcon and should fit your description. Use off-road wide groove Tamiya front tyres and square spike or wide spike tyres on the rear.

http://www.stellamodels.com.hk/product_inf...roducts_id=6019

http://www.stellamodels.com.hk/product_inf...roducts_id=6018

ok cool, they look perfect, thanks for that, will these wheels fit straight on or need an adapter??

Straight on I reckon, but untried. These are the same dimensions as DT02 Sand Viper speed dish wheels. Other DT02 wheels fit the Falcon so I imagine these would too.

The fronts should go straight on, but for the rear you'll have to remove the 4-hole rear wheel hubs and replace them with standard 12mm hex hubs.

You may or will most likely need the wider 12mm hex (I think they came from the TG10 Mini Cooper but not sure) as I think they will hit the shocks otherwise of giuve you very little gap.

I had to do this with my Star Dish wheels on my Falcon (plus thread lock on the nuts).... front no worries

Could be wrong as the offset could very well be different

You may or will most likely need the wider 12mm hex (I think they came from the TG10 Mini Cooper but not sure) as I think they will hit the shocks otherwise of giuve you very little gap.

I had to do this with my Star Dish wheels on my Falcon (plus thread lock on the nuts).... front no worries

Could be wrong as the offset could very well be different

I forgot about this.

For a shorter nut I am using the nuts from 53448 4mm Hard Lock-Nut/Spacer. You don't need the thread lock then and the spacers can also be used to space out the wheels if needed.

Edit: I can't remember the thickness of the hexes that I am using but they are probably thicker than the 6mm standard ones.

Thanks loads for all the advice, I think I'm gonna order the wheels and then see exactly what I need re hex, thread lock for the rears, the 12mm hex's on ebay seem to range from 4 to 7mm in width.........