Sign in to follow this  
Phil_H

'99 Wild Willy II Over priced?

I have a Wild Willy II on eBay, a shelf queen built in '99 ish and never used. Very well built, ballraced with all new radio gear, charger and tamiya NiCd's.

I've priced it at £125, but not had a sniff?

Is it to much?

P4080615.jpg

People will probably bid at the last minute with a high start price. I know I would.

depends on the radio gear and the charger.

new Willy with ballbearings, simple 2.4 radio and NiMh charger and accu goes for about £180

Honest opinion (no offense intended), it might be a bit borderline. Not that I'm saying it isn't worth that, just looking at in relation to some other things...

NIB Willy II's are cheaper. So you're hoping people will consider your build quality, radio, extras etc.

But also, Wild Willy prices have always been weird. To this day, the original Wild Willy is very cheap, as a used model. The sequel version will always be thought of in relation to the original. If people won't pay much more than $150-$200 for a nice original, will they pay it for a nice sequel?

All of this is in contrast to NIB original Wild Willys though, which lately seem to have an asking price of over $1500, with some (possibly deluded) asking prices nudging $3000 if the seller has an SWB version.

A huge discrepancy between used and nib, on this model (the most of any Tamiya model I have ever seen).

cheers,

H.

Just my 2 pence worth here, I don't think that the charger and NiCd will add much value to the deal for most people. Anyone who already has RCs will already have a charger and batteries. I usually consider second hand batteries to be worthless, as you never know how old they are or what abuse they have had, and a charger would be something I would just try and sell on. You might have better luck lowering the price and selling it as a ballraced kit (Advertise on here :lol: ). I'd keep the battery for your other RCs if it's a good one (and the radio gear), and put the charger on ebay. Listing the charger seperately you might get more for it than including it as a bundle, as people will bid on it who actually want it.

Also selling the car without the charger and battery will considerably reduce the postage cost. Posting anything through royal mail that weighs more than 2kg significantly increases the postage cost.

PS I sold a used WWII kit last year for £60 on TC. wheels and tyres were beaten up, but the bodyshell was good and everything else was good. I'd value your kit only on it's own unballraced at £75, and with ballraces at around £85. (This is just my opinion BTW;) )

Thanks for the tips and honest opinions.

I was planning on re-listing this weekend with seprate auctions. The WW is pretty much new as its never been used, so I'll maybe keep the price in the top end and open the auction to "Best Offers"

All the Batterys I have are new Tamiya 1400SCR(4) & SP's(2), problem is they haven't been used but are 10yrs old, not sure what the life of an unused battery cell is? (There no use to me as I use LiPo's in all my "Runners".

Any thanks again.

Phil