Yello

What kind of gear do you use to CARRY your RCs?

It could be anything from a school backpack or something used for something else that works. It may also be a carrier bag or case made specifically for RCs.

I've seen a guy walking through city blocks with his nitro rolling beside him as if he were walking his pet dog. I figure that's OK. But I like being discrete rather than obvious when I'm trying to get to a bashing spot.

My usual carrying case...is my full-scale car. But I'm fishing for other ideas.

Any good ideas for a buggy + controller?

I use either my backpack, a gym bag or, in the case of my Buggy Champ, I drive the car to the practice area. In that instance I usually keep a backpack or a pouch on a lanyard anyways for tools and spares.

There are some specialized cases and bags of good value, though, so I would say do take the effort to look for one.

I use various cheap plastic tool boxes found at Home Depot. Load up the tools, batteries, parts, vehicles, etc. in the toolboxes, put the boxes in a car, and head off to the track or park.

-Paul

I use Quaggies Dirt Bags. I've got 2 for buggies and a bigger one for my Slash. They are perfect. :blink:

J

I use a large tool box with a carry strap . The top 'tray' lifts out but has a snap lid . Car in the box , spairs and tools in the tray and off i go . The plus side is the box makes a nice seat as well and make shift bench when needed .

post-37759-1334561493_thumb.jpg

I use a large tool box with a carry strap . The top 'tray' lifts out but has a snap lid . Car in the box , spairs and tools in the tray and off i go . The plus side is the box makes a nice seat as well and make shift bench when needed .

Now that does look like a nice setup!

Any clues on where to track one down?

-Rob

Now that does look like a nice setup!

Any clues on where to track one down?

-Rob

I forget exactly where i got it but its a fishing tackle box if thats any help . The make is fishingmad and i think it was around £20 .

I forget exactly where i got it but its a fishing tackle box if thats any help . The make is fishingmad and i think it was around £20 .

It's not an ebay link so I'm not sure if this breaks any rules

but here it is

It's not an ebay link so I'm not sure if this breaks any rules

but here it is

Thanks both, a very reasonable price :(

-Rob

i used to use my massive head bag until my bro lent it and gave me his smaller head bag but i never saw it again so i use the boot of my car know

I use my 1:1 car. By the time I get the Baja 1:5th in the boot with the fuel, spares box, charger carry case and radio carry case, there's no room for anything else. So the Savage and 1:10 Tamiyas get to ride on the seats and passenger floor.

Brother In-law has a good setup. He uses his whole RC workbench with built in cupboards underneath. All the cars, spares and tools fit into the cupboards. When he's going for a bash somewhere he uses the chain block (for lifting engines out of 1:1 cars) that hangs from his shed roof and lifts the entire workbench onto the back of his Hi-Lux flatbed ute. Nothing like taking the luxuries of home to the track. He has also setup 2 extra deep cycle batteries that charges from the car alternator in a tool box on the tray to power it. The workbench can plug into mains power if he's close enough to an outlet too.

Wow some of you guys are hardcore!

In reality, I'd be happy enough with something like this:

rosshohobostickfeb07.jpg

smurfscolorpicturestrav.jpg

Wow some of you guys are hardcore!

In reality, I'd be happy enough with something like this:

rosshohobostickfeb07.jpg

smurfscolorpicturestrav.jpg

HAR!

A box from Stella. Transmitters inside original boxes at the bottom, then spares, charger in another stella box and tools in compartment boxes next with batteries on top. Close lid.

Models on the floor of the car so they don't roll around too much and we're off <_<

IKEA blue bags are about the cheapest way of hauling gear from one place to another. I think they cost 50p each and they are big and tough.

A lot of racers use the hauler bags, Team Magic were the first to make them, Fastrax make a popular one in the UK. Not sure whether bashers need all that storage and tool space though.

I still use a big, old sports holdall for racing. I use Raaco boxes for small parts and keep other stuff in padded cases, zip-lock bags or it's original box.

Love the workbench on the pick-up idea though!

the big Ikea blue bag, fits a CR01 and a SCX10 (and room left for a TA02 buggy)

also got a smaller blue one (they handed those out for free) for transmitter, accus and some food and beverage.

<_<

I ordered the Ikea blue bag online shipped for 3 bucks and I got it in the mail today. It's exactly perfect for what I needed!

Thanks for the recommendations!

I use my Dodge pickup with a variety of toolboxes and crates in the topper. Probably a bit over the top?

DSCN2567.jpg

I use my Dodge pickup with a variety of toolboxes and crates in the topper. Probably a bit over the top?

I'd say, no, it's not over the top, unless you are somehow lifting and carrying your Dodge or placing your Dodge on a hitch and towing that around by yet another truck. :blink:

When I started in the eighties I used a TMS "Beatties Style" bag for bashing and holidays and made a wooden pitbox that carried my car and all associated spares. MY 12v for charging went into a home made wooden carry caddy with the nicad charger. I used a tuned Grasshopper for bashing with FAV/Rough Rider wheels and tyres and that fitted into one of my hiking day sacks.

Now I tend to drive to wherever and drive the car/buggy I am bashing round from there as I walk, my favourites are Hay Wood near Baddesley Clinton and Palmers Rough in Solihull. Have got a spare gym bag/holdall that is big enough to take a SCX10 or CC01 in the main compartment and the transmitter in the end one.