Sign in to follow this  
RETRO R/C

Wheelie rides again? And with a Wild One to accompany it!

Could it be?? Is it wishfull thinking? - a Wheeler again! (even if it isnt the Honda)...

58525 Wild One Offroader

58531 Suzuki Jimny (SJ30) Wheelie

This is just simply WICKED!! More cars to buy!! :(

Cheers

Darryn

The Jimny's a little 4x4 isn't it? So it'll be more like a WW2 alternative than a Wheeler.

Hooray for the Wild One! :(

Ironically, even though this will be hugely popular within the whole community, it's announcement won't be met with wild shock or hysteria or a 20 page thread within a week as it's been one of the most expected re-releases since last year's FAV.

The Jimny's a little 4x4 isn't it? So it'll be more like a WW2 alternative than a Wheeler.

You know what - you are probably right - thinking about it...........dang it!! Would love to see a wheeler introduced again - they have already re-re'd the body!!

Cheers

Darryn

The Jimny will be another one on the Lunchbox chassis won't it?

Tamiya is not giving us time to recover , Then bang another car . I want them all

But $$$ are getting thin :( .

Hello again Wild One!

not a dull moment with Tamiya lately, Bruiser and all...

let all the wilderness loose; monster bug and female ogre too!

this is an SJ30 Jimny

Suzuki_Jimny_SJ30_001.JPG

But it could be the convertible.

If it's a PC body though hard top may be it.

Apparently it's on a WR02 chassis the same as the VW BUS...

If the body is a good size, it will do well on CC01.

Tamiya had a Jimny in it's 1/32 scale battery op. line up, next to the Wild Willy Jr. and a few other down sized RC stars, so I guess it will be that. Quite cool...

image.php.jpg

I think the Jimny wheelie will share the same chassis as the Montero wheelie. Both are small mini 4x4 in their 1:1 scale & both use the word "wheelie" as an extension to their Tamiya name.

With so much bombardment of pleasure within the last few months, just bring on Egress & BigWig Mr T. We are emotionally ready to receive them :(

The VW Type 2 'Wheelie' has separate instructions for body and chassis. I wondered at the time if this meant we'd be seeing more models on the WR-02 chassis. Maybe the Jimny is the next WR-02?

*pictures Wild One on WR-02 chassis instead*

A dropped-and-slammed Jimny could make for an interesting wheeler; if not, then the Wild Willy chassis it is, I think.

this is an SJ30 Jimny

Suzuki_Jimny_SJ30_001.JPG

But it could be the convertible.

If it's a PC body though hard top may be it.

Apparently it's on a WR02 chassis the same as the VW BUS...

If the body is a good size, it will do well on CC01.

Interesting, I never knew the SJ30 was also called the Jimny, I think it was just called the SJ30 in the Netherlands / or the Samurai, but I believe that´s a later version? Anyway, it´s really nice to see they are releasing this instead of the round, blobby baby-face Jimny... :(

Suzuki Jimmy 4x4 Jr so I guess it will be similar to this.

19011m.jpg

The VW Type 2 'Wheelie' has separate instructions for body and chassis. I wondered at the time if this meant we'd be seeing more models on the WR-02 chassis. Maybe the Jimny is the next WR-02?

according to Japanese sites I checked, it is on a WR-02 chassis. As I already posted in this thread... ;)

The WR-02 Wild Willy 2 is going through a resurgence in popularity here in Japan. My local "club" members are all buying one and we will start a Willy race on the grass beside our track.

This Jimmy being a tiny 4X4 in 1:1 anyway looks pretty good, so if anything is going to get me to look at things a different way it would be one of those ... I think I'll have to get one.

according to Japanese sites I checked, it is on a WR-02 chassis. As I already posted in this thread... ;)

The WR-02 Wild Willy 2 is going through a resurgence in popularity here in Japan. My local "club" members are all buying one and we will start a Willy race on the grass beside our track.

My apologies JSD, I missed your earlier post and was replying to the post before mine which speculated about the use of the Montero chassis.

As said above, wheelie racing is growing huge in Japan - ppl use WR02s, Lunchboxes etc

Might be just a passing fad since the VW Type2 but gets currently decent coverage in their monthly rags.

SWP already makes Suzi Samurai shell, some ppl are putting M-chassis shells on their WR02s

pe014_01.jpg

I like the Suzuki! It is very reminicent of the mini 4x4 version introduced alongside the Wild Willy Jr. First we got a proper RC Unimog and now a Jimmy.

Interesting... I still think they should do a new Wheeler-type on-road wheelie car on this chassis... not sure what the body should be, though. Maybe a Smart?