Sign in to follow this  
IPLAN

Need wheels for a super hornet restoration project?

Hello all,

I am in the beginnings of my super hornet restoration project and have purchased new front (9805474) and rear tyres (53059), however the hobby shop I was suppose to be getting the new wheels from has made me aware that they no longer have them in stock (RC Hobbies Australia). I have done a search on Ebay and the web for the wheels (0445495/0445496) with no luck. Does anyone know of alternate wheels that these tyres would fit on and could fit/match the super hornet. I heard that maybe Astute Wheels or Wild One? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Jeffro

Wild One (white), Fox (plated gold) and Grasshopper II Super G (fluoro yellow and green) all came with the same pattern wheels just in different colours. There were also some limited release items of these wheels in different colours (eg red).

Many of the Tamiya 2wd buggy wheels will fit the stock tyres on. Some like the Star Dish (Super Astute, Dyna Strom) and Astral Dish (Desert Gator) are slightly larger in diameter but the tyres should go on no problem as is evidenced by the re-re Holiday Buggy.

The Falcon and Grasshopper II use smaller wheels all-round while the Astute and Madcap have smaller fronts so these should be avoided if using the stock tyres.

i have a set of the fluro orange ones here . not in bad nick with tyres ..pm me for details..

I have used the Rere Frog hex adaptor on my S/Hornet.

Than you can use any rear hex style wheels you like.

you need something with decent deep 'dish' though, if not enough offset (eg 4WD's wheels) wheel inside will scrape the arm/shock

there's still some stock around, i found a pair of fronts at a LHS last wk whilst not even looking.

But orange SH plastics are brittle too, not the best for running.

meh hang on a few more weeks, parts for the WildOne re-re will be out soon enough.

Sign in to follow this