mongoose1983

BULLHEAD re-re thread

I believe you're right, Rosey. Tamiya kind of cut the BullHead body to fit the Clod Buster chassis. As for the color... well, the 1:1 monster truck wasn't any better looking! :D

petemonstertruck.jpg

Night Hauler body on a suitable custom chassis. Do it!

Night Hauler body on a suitable custom chassis. Do it!

I believe the King Hauler body is much smaller than the Bullhead's, being 1/14 scale. Lunchbox wheels might fit such project?

for a long time tower had it listed for 219, then with member coupons you could really get a deal plus free shipping.

Stellamodels even sold the Super Clodbuster for 150$ a few years ago.

Just seen a NIB one on eBay going for $375.

Anybody have pictures or maybe some sort of review of the new Bull Head?

I quite like the Bullhead... prefer it over the Clodbuster body, its the kind of body you can do countless mods to .. like a Giant Rear wing .. like the matchbox toy lol.

I just got an orig bull head about 1 week ago .. and its fun .. i should think the ESC would give you smother throttle response & that they have also done away with the ecomony switch.

I quite like the Bullhead... prefer it over the Clodbuster body, its the kind of body you can do countless mods to .. like a Giant Rear wing .. like the matchbox toy lol.

Actually, the toy was a scale version of the legendary Tyrone Malone's Super Boss truck. And now that you mentioned it, I believe I'd like to try that mod in a Bull Head. ;)

tyronemalonetruck.jpg

Aye .. that is pretty cool. I was thinking of various things to do to Bullhead body but a rear wing would look cool.

Heres a pic of the Bullhead i aquired... just added another 4 CVA Long shocks tonight .. stopped a lot of body roll.. even more fun

2012-07-16224935.jpg

2012-07-14183547.jpg

for a long time tower had it listed for 219, then with member coupons you could really get a deal plus free shipping.

Stella is around $230 for a Clod these days....

Hehe .. he could be recreated using the driver from the holdiday buggy and the moustache could live on lol

Some action for the lucky ones that are getting the new ones!

(click to watch the clip) ;)

th_MonsterTruck.jpg

if you notice it had no front suspension, only deflection is the tires themselves. Must have been a brutal ride with only rear suspension travel

Cool vid .. I am thinking of putting the new esc into my Bullhead.. as i want to keep it as stock as possible and use just tamiya hopups.

Found a website on Super Pete .. it has all the pictures of how it changed and evolved, so i thought it may be of interest :)

http://monsterphoto.....com/supete.htm

Haven't checked the link before... AWESOME PICTURES!! Thanks for the link!

By the way, I remember it once crossed my mind to try and make a custom Super Pete with a stock High-Lift chassis, and Wheely King tires. Would have had the correct length scale, and still be 4x4x4. Just a thought... :rolleyes:

Thats a great thought.

got the new esc coming for Bullhead .. bring it up to rere specs hehe.. already fitted sports tuned motors.

Thats a great thought.

got the new esc coming for Bullhead .. bring it up to rere specs hehe.. already fitted sports tuned motors.

Sport tuned motors for a Bull Head sound really sweet. And I like the idea of an ESC, but can't deal with that horrible squeeshy noise. I remember back in the 90's ECSs were silent.

Yeah there seems to be a lot of different opionions on Sports tuned in Clods ./ Bullheads.. but to me made a huge diff.. i got more torque .. and didnt really compromise the run time, plus the two of em brand new only cost me £24.22 or $37.60 for them from Japan.When i get the new TEU-106BK Esc will tell u what it like hehe

Well my TEU-106BK arrived today for my Bullhead and to say it was improvement is an understatement.

Even on slippery surfaces i had complete control and the Bullhead did what i wanted.. plus with the sports tuned i got installed .. it was fun fun fun .. and run time increased.

For those who ordered a new Bullhead .. your in for a treat.. the mixture of new modern electronics on the classic chassis have made a fun vehicle, even better .. gotta love it

• Like 1

Nice to see some enthusiastic folks on here but personally, I never liked the Bull Head. I kind of liked the way the cab looked at the front, but the back, it was as though they'd just cut if off to fit the chassis and the colours, that's another story entirely! I was always (and still am) a Clod Buster fan and much prefer this although as with any of the re issues, i'm glad Tamiya have added another and this will appeal i am sure of it.

I am with you on this one. But my dis-like also extend to the Clod. I prefer realism. On the other hand I like the Wild Willy because is so unreal that is cute. We all have different taste else we would all like Dr. Pepper. And is good that Tamiya is keeping all of us happy by doing the re-re's.

...my dis-like also extend to the Clod. I prefer realism.

Well, I had to post some pictures of mid-late 80's Monster trucks to reply this specific comment.

Myself, I love both, the Clod Buster and the Bull Head just because I am very much into realism. That's why I like Tamiya. If you have a look at these pictures, I am sure you'll start loving the Clod Buster. No other 1:10th Monster Truck in the market is (or was) as close to the real thing as the vehicles in the Tamiya catalog.

"Realism" anyone?

CrmsonGiantCLOD.jpg

CLODS.jpg

BearFootTaurusCLOD.jpg

southernsunshine.jpg

Great Pics, love those trucks there so over the top its great. Earlier in this post i posted a link to Super Pete pics and if u go to bottom and click on back to gallery .. it shows you most of all the Monster trucks built.

I think Tamiya when they designed the original clod all those years ago got it spot on with the RL counterparts, which were giant car crushing monsters, true kings of arenas.

I noticed when i use my Bullhead the tyres on landing bounce and baloon like there RL counterparts... and just like there RL counterparts .. in my view, the Clod & Bullhead are car crushing arena kings.

I love the Clod & Bullhead for what they are .. and thats a True Monster that was meant to be crushing things, bouncing over earth mounds .. and making the crowd go wow.. :)