Sign in to follow this  
Yangtao

My TF2 arrived in NAKED, is this normal

Received my TF2 today, interestingly it shipped from HK, came without any packing, boxing or protection material

What the ..... is this normal to RC4WD?

576535_424493360912668_100000560232224_94663053_728711386_n.jpg

Received my TF2 today, interestingly it shipped from HK, came without any packing, boxing or protection material

Thats very poor customer service . I hope nothings damaged ?

What the...! Definately not as it should be...

But not a fault of RC4WD as this is an american brand so you'd have to blaim on your HK-seller...Would be nice to know where you placed your order,btw

What a pity about this nice kit! Hope at least the contents are unharmed :P

I bought wheels from them and they were packed with foam peanuts. Service seems to be inconsistent though since I sent them a return over a month ago and responses to inquiries have been : "We will send you one soon, please wait. "

What the...! Definately not as it should be...

But not a fault of RC4WD as this is an american brand so you'd have to blaim on your HK-seller...Would be nice to know where you placed your order,btw

What a pity about this nice kit! Hope at least the contents are unharmed :P

LOL I placed order on RC4WD website directly

The kit must have been made in China by HK OEMer

San Jose took the order and ship it to me from the most economy stock house geographically,

I live in Taiwan BTW

BUT Whats that all about then? this is still outrageous they charged the shipping from San Jose ie. $80!

LOL I placed order on RC4WD website directly

The kit must have been made in China by HK OEMer

San Jose took the order and ship it to me from the most economy stock house geographically,

I live in Taiwan BTW

BUT Whats that all about then? this is still outrageous they charged the shipping from San Jose ie. $80!

I guess thats up to them , but its 'sharp practice ' to say the least . I have parts on order from RC4WD at the moment and interestingly the tracking number is HK post !

Most of RC4WD`s stuff comes via HK. Its not all made in the USA, mostly in China..

I'm surprised you got it delivered.

as it screams STEAL ME!!!

Mine came the same, also from HK not the US.

I recall all of my orderes from them have NOT come from the US but the postage prices certainly do.

The internal packaging of the tf2 is terrific so there will be no damage inside.

Having looked at unboxing videos on youtube, it is packed pretty well in its own box, thick foam etc. It probably should be alright.

They could have at least wrapped it in brown paper though...

I've seen the packing inside RC4WD for this model and is well protected. What the factory could have done is turn the box inside out with the printing facing in and we will not have such a fuss. As for the same shipping cost, RC4WD requested the factory to do drop shipment which will save you time, else will have to go the States and reship back to Asia, which twill likely be more than double the time. I think the parts are from Hong Kong or consolidated in Hong Kong. In the end is the result of the content that is most important, unless the condition of the box is just as important.

What the ..... is this normal to RC4WD? ...

count yourself LUCKY :) yours got a handle of yellow strapping tape

last week it only had a cross of transparent parcel tape,

which luckily stopped the shrinkwrap from ripping off

yeah NOT GOOD if sending to countries with less trustworthy postal systems,

those parcels may suffer high % loss!! Also extra delays as it looks more attractive to customs.

Also sux if you were hoping for a pristine kitbox for your collection.

BMT: your preview kit came inside another brown outer box, didn't it?

That was what i was expecting... otoh was sent EMS, so didn't spend too much time in transit.

Or is that only for ppl who order more items than just the kit alone,

mebbe that's how they upsell to make us add other stuff each order :)

Have you contacted RC4WD about the packing and shipping overcharge? It would be interesting to see how they respond.

Have you contacted RC4WD about the packing and shipping overcharge? It would be interesting to see how they respond.

fwiw i don't think its 'overcharge', most likely their system works out from HK warehouse

at first US$80 sounded expensive for "regular airmail" but then they advised the EMS#

so that's fair price for EMS for such a large box

(i feel HK EMS is now a bit more expensive than EMS from Japan)

as direct comparison Bruiser (albeit slightly bigger) cost more and took longer

Personally i can'nt help feeling a bit cheated having ordered items from RC4WD under the impression that i was buying USA made items only to now find out they may well be made in china . Their site should state that IMO . However so long as the actual quality is ok i guess its not a huge issue . As for shiping costs what can be said , if your in the uk the price to ship from the USA to UK would be about the same as from HK . I'll be using a lot more caution before placing any more orders with RC4WD now thats for sure .

Thank you guys for all comments

RC4WD accepted the mistake, said that they even pay for an outer box especially made for TF2 shipping.

They would replace the kit, responsible for all postages, or simply send me a new box.

Anyway I got positive reply, one supervisor even called me from HK explained and apologized, all happened in a day.

RC4WD accepted the mistake, said that they even pay for an outer box especially made for TF2 shipping.

They would replace the kit, respodible for all postages, or simply send me a new box.

Anyway I got positive reply, one supervisor even called me from HK explained and apologized, all happened in a day.

sounds just like Tamiya customer service :)

They would replace the kit, responsible for all postages, or simply send me a new box.

Glad it is being sorted.

BMT: your preview kit came inside another brown outer box, didn't it?

That was what i was expecting... otoh was sent EMS, so didn't spend too much time in transit.

Or is that only for ppl who order more items than just the kit alone,

mebbe that's how they upsell to make us add other stuff each order :huh:

Nope, my test/pre release came in a decent cardboard crate. So did people I know in the US, UK and a friend in Oslo.

I also emailed my contact within RC4WD yesterday when I saw this thread.

Glad it is being sorted.

Nope, my test/pre release came in a decent cardboard crate. So did people I know in the US, UK and a friend in Oslo.

I also emailed my contact within RC4WD yesterday when I saw this thread.

can you ask your contact why RC4WD give the impression that their a USA outfit when their stuff seems to be coming out of China !

can you ask your contact why RC4WD give the impression that their a USA outfit when their stuff seems to be coming out of China !

Its obviously so they can rip people off for extra postage.. that sucks.

Its obviously so they can rip people off for extra postage.. that sucks.

It sucks for sure , its also a huge con trick IMO