Sign in to follow this  
Yangtao

My TF2 arrived in NAKED, is this normal

can you ask your contact why RC4WD give the impression that their a USA outfit when their stuff seems to be coming out of China !

You could just as easily ask that about most RC companies. Tamiya don't exactly shout about their factory in the Phillipines.

They have an international shipping hub in China. Some of the more exotic rims and kits (like the low loader trailers) are shipped from the San Jose HQ.

Its obviously so they can rip people off for extra postage.. that sucks.

My Trailfinder 2 was boxed (although the box was too big for the product) and shipped via EMS. The cost of EMS would be the same from the USA or China or wherever it came from (didn't check, don't care). So this argument isn't entirely correct. The oversized packaging box probably raised it a few dollars though :blink:.

Also, for the usa manufactured argument, I don't even care where my r/c poducts are manufactured as long as they are quality, the TF2 seems to be at the top end of the rc4wd quality scale so far for a change.

Also, for the usa manufactured argument, I don't even care where my r/c poducts are manufactured as long as they are quality, the TF2 seems to be at the top end of the rc4wd quality scale so far for a change.

Thats because you are Canadian and your football game has only 3 downs :blink: All kidding aside, totally agree with your approach to RC products. There will always be a demand for quality.

Thats because you are Canadian and your football game has only 3 downs :blink: All kidding aside, totally agree with your approach to RC products. There will always be a demand for quality.

thats not quite what my point was . I have no objection to where the parts are actually made . My point was that rc4wd should state something like THIS ITEM SHIPS FROM CHINA maybe ? That way you know how long to expect the delivery to take . So long as the quality dont suffer i dont care where its made .

might be wrong but saw somewhere that blabbed the first lot (preview & first batch?)

of US orders were sent over in bulk then individually shipped out from US

but the AsiaPacific orders (2nd batch?) got mailed out from HK.

As I mentioned before, US customers orders are shipped from within the US, OS orders go through the shipping hub. This is the production kits. Obviously, prototype test units are dispatched from the US.