Eddystone

ID these wheels for me please.

Can anybody ID these wheels / tyres for me. No hub markings - no tyre lettering - nothing to give me a clue. Blackfoot sized, all with 12mm hex hubs. Do you recognise them? What are they off? I'm tidying and they need to go !!

Cheers Richard

post-6439-1336503644_thumb.jpg

Nobody else recognises them either eh?! I'm beginning to feel better about my ignorance now!!

Size and tread pattern is similar to Lunchbox tyres if that's any help. It's a proper mystery!!

They have appeared on a few things. First was a Duratrax nitro stadium truck thing, well before the Evader came out. Then, the wheels were molded in yellow. Next they appeared on some G.V. nitro thing, but were chrome. That would be yours, as you can see where the chrome has been stripped.

Actually, I had them on my very first "scale" 4x4 :lol: I can't even remember when this was... 2005?

DCP_4196.jpg

oldskool scaler... looks very TLT + what-subsequently-got-called-Bushwhacker :lol:

Oh indeed. TLT axles, chassis, shocks, just with long links and the old pre-copyright slap down Proline Landcruiser.

yeah, I recently rediscovered mine... knew i bought 1, forgot where it got stashed to.

Not sure what to do with it now, since T's FJ40 looks better & better scaled.

(hood/bonnet is too long imho)

Still seems to be a few BNIB examples changing hands lately for reasonable prices these days :lol:

I've noticed on Scale4x4 a few people struggling to sell them and the Bushwacker (now that's disco'd too). Probably because of the better proportioned Tamiya shell.

I was recently given one of those hard plastic Aoshima Fj40 bodies. They look huge (well, they are) but the bonnet seems disproportionately short and the rest of it looks too tall and wide. So different from the Tamiya in proportion so I jumped on a Fj40 collectors site and found a file that gave every dimension of the Fj40 and the Aoshima is perfect, I mean to the mm perfect, 1/8th scale. The Tamiya is no where near true proportion. That surprised me because it looks right.

I guess that is the thing Tamiya admitted to a decade ago - that they intentionally skew the proportions of their bodies to make them look "right".

Wow, this is a thread jacking of legendary status!

Thread-jack away mate - It's interesting stuff. :) Think I've found the wheels in use on a G.V. Predator truck as suggested so great information - cheers.

haha soz bud... yeah now that GV is mentioned,

i think i've bought some of those wheels before in fluoro yellow - they're 2.2" right?

I've noticed on Scale4x4 a few people struggling to sell them and the Bushwacker (now that's disco'd too). Probably because of the better proportioned Tamiya shell.

I was recently given one of those hard plastic Aoshima Fj40 bodies. They look huge (well, they are) but the bonnet seems disproportionately short and the rest of it looks too tall and wide. So different from the Tamiya in proportion so I jumped on a Fj40 collectors site and found a file that gave every dimension of the Fj40 and the Aoshima is perfect, I mean to the mm perfect, 1/8th scale. The Tamiya is no where near true proportion. That surprised me because it looks right.

I guess that is the thing Tamiya admitted to a decade ago - that they intentionally skew the proportions of their bodies to make them look "right".

yeah Aoshima makes things strictly by the book, doesn't always look right in smaller size

you could probably put a stepside Hilux 3spd's chassis under that & it'll be right scale :)

The yellow versions have turned up in a LHS in a GV packet, but I am not sure if they were fitted to a GV as standard. Might of been an option. The Duratrax I could not remember was the Maxum ST.

Will, I have the body perched on a Highlift chassis that I have under slung (springs under the axles) with Scorpion front shock bodies all around and fitted a R2 single speed into. It's looking quite fine, but I have to get my 1/6th M38 finished first... lol

I really am going to have to resist the temptation to over tyre it. When you put a scaled tyre and rim on a scale 4x4, the wheels just look so tiny...

i'm thinking similar... gunna undersling a TF2 for lower stance &

looking around for something that's "stock tyre sized" for a 1/10 Hilux :)

Like a 16" splitrim, so the 1.55 will probably suffice... not sure on rubber choice,

maybe should try some Brat boots for size.

I have the Desert Kings on a CC01 Bronco, and they fit the stocker look to my eye (and I have tried a Tamiya Fj on it too but I was in a Bronco mood ;) )

DSCF7903.jpg

The Proline bodies are a bit larger, maybe 1/9thish, so these would look tiny.

nah bud, that's after jonnyboy gets his highskool mitts on it... real factory stocker looks like this

1976_Ford_Bronco_Explorer_4x4_For_Sale_Front_1.jpg

;)

There you seeeeeeeeeee.... My self admitted problem with oversizing tyres ;)