netsmithUK

The Official Tamiyaclub.com 2012 Event - 4 DAYS TO GO!

TC_NL2_b.png

As its our 10th year and we've not run one of these for a while, I'm hoping we can make this the biggest event to date.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers

Chris

All signed up ! I am really looking forward to this as the last meet I went to at kiddy 07 was awsome.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Particularly pleased we've got a venue the weather just can't spoil. Imagine, two days of all the usual fun racing stuff coupled with the UK biggest retro/tamiya/RC related carboot and thats pretty much what we are aiming for.

The list on the home page is doing well - now up to about 50 names.

Chris

Sounds great. As long as I am not off on my jollies somewhere I should be able to make it there. :)

Was just looking through the races we had last time (was it really that long ago?)

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/book_events.asp - you can see them here, don't panic this is the OLD LISTING. The new one will be up nearer the event

Do these still stand or has things moved on since then?

Chris

I'm signing up as an interested party. Haven't had a verification email, though?

I just hope the meet isn't on the weekend of the 11th of August as my sister is getting married then.

She won't be very pleased if I don't go lol.

The event is now almost certainly the weekend 18/19th of August so keep your diaries clear.

Apologies in advance to all those people that won't be able to make it, whatever date we picked would be bad for someone. When booking venues of this size you don't really get a lot of flexibility on dates.

Chris

Cheers for advanced warning thats me booked off from work. :) Do I presume camping is going to be possible??

I will definetly try and make it since it isn't so far from Denmark and never been to a Tamiyaclub event and always wanted to go so why not now.

Need to think about what cars to bring and where to stay.

I will definetly try and make it since it isn't so far from Denmark and never been to a Tamiyaclub event and always wanted to go so why not now.

Need to think about what cars to bring and where to stay.

Great. I'll post details of a few local places to stay shortly. I'm talking to a few places in the hope if I send them enough trade they'll give us special rates. More on that later.

BTW anyone coming from outside the UK, will get in for free (as long as they can show my some sort of travel ticket) I know its not saving anyone a fortune but its the thought that counts :)

Cheers

Chris

Free entry for visitors from outside UK, sweet! :)

Will there be Guinness on tap at the event? This is important to me ;)

I wager there will be more cars in the SRB group this time around.

Wish I could be there, even if just to see the guys again.

We've got well over 100 people on the email news letter list now - lets hope most actually can make it. I'll send out the first email shortly to them all.

We are 99.9% definate for the weekend of the 18/19 Aug. I'm just sorting out insurance at the moment :( things have moved on a lot from the days of just turning up in a park and running your models.

Looking at the numbers, tickets will be

£4.00 for subscribers

£5.00 for members + members family and friends (14 and under are free)

That gets you in for both days and into as many race's as you like/there are spaces for. I will open the advance race registration once tickets are on offer. The cost also allows you to buy and sell via your car boot too (although trading is limited to rc and model related stuff, so no prams, fridges, exercise equipment etc. Technically the site does not allow this type of general car boot type event)

Buying tickets on the day at the gate will be £6.00

More later

Chris

Sounds good and those dates are the weekend before I go away - Yeah

Let me know if any sites near by to park my camper LOL ..

I have given my e-mail and received the verification e-mail but not sure if I will make it as have had a spell of poor health and still recovering. :( Last meet I went to was at Snetterton and that was great.

There is no downside to signing up to the newsletter if you don't mind receiving a few emails from me about the progress of the planning of the event. There is no commitment at this stage to buy tickets. You can take yourself off the list at any point by just 'unsubscribing' to it.

Chris

I am looking forward to this, I haven't been able to attend events in the past but don't plan on missing this one.

The Rc boot sounds great although the wife said I had better be selling and not buying, I won't say anything but I plan on doing both :)

Suppose I'd better invest in some 2.4ghz radio too ;)

I am not sure if I am going to bring any cars to the meet but will for sure bring camera and take lots of pictures.

Also have to figure out how to get there. No direct flights to East Midlands Airport from CPH. Maybe land at Stansted and rent a car from there? Hmmmm, well need to think about it.

Anyone know how long a drive from Stansted Airport to Nottingham? I used to live in Cambridge but that was many years ago and did drive to Nottingham but can't recall the time it took.

... Anyone know how long a drive from Stansted Airport to Nottingham? ...

2 & a 1/2 hours, something like that :)

Oooh, this sounds good!! I'll see if I'm free!

If people are buying tickets on the gate, how will the gatesman know if the incoming people are TC members?? What will happen if randomers with RC cars turn up??

2 & a 1/2 hours, something like that :)

Thank you for the info, that is not very long so might just do that.