netsmithUK

The Official Tamiyaclub.com 2012 Event - 4 DAYS TO GO!

Anyone for a demo derby? ;-)

I m sure Twinset would be up for that ! :rolleyes:

I've got a few beat-up old chassis and shells that I can put together for a "last-man-standing" race :)

Chris - thanks for the table :)

Chris,

If the gates open at 9am, can we really have the first race at 9!! :blink: Surely it should be at 9.30 or 10am so it gives people time to get in and set up?

The official times are Saturday 8.30am until 9.30pm (All exited the site by 10pm) and Sunday 8.30am until 5.30pm (All existed the site by 6pm) No point anyone getting there any earlier as gates will be locked and no-one will get in. (Sorry its in the insurance details)

Those who have been before know that the mornings and evenings are quite quiet times. Most of the races though are repeated so if you miss one of the early ones chances are there will be another later.

BTW are the any others interested in the Auction ideas? Got a few names down but I'm not sure its enough. not sure whether to run it along side the races, or cancel a couple of them to fit it in?

Chris

Auction sounds good, do we just write a small description to go with the item, if it needs it, or just let people see what its all about on the viewing?

I think auction would be best around 7pm?

I have the RM01 and a TA-02 and TL-01 drift to run with any on raod type heat but all most all of mine are off road but if there will be a heat of it i'll bring them.

I was thinking the beset time, in terms of most people there, would be mid afternoon. There are only the nutters there by 7pm ;)

BTW my daughters been busy this afternoon - if you spot a problem with it I don't really want to know

Photo%2011-08-2012%2019%2056%2021.jpg

Just a small note about 2WD buggies 9am and 6pm (dynastorms) i have a TRF201 and a super astute Can we have an older and newer one like first 100 from 4WD ?

I'l have a final tweek of the running sheet and make it live later on today.

I'm also off to a local region RC meet later on today, as they've said they might not mind us borrowing their track stuff (basically some lengths of sand filled firemans hose)

BTW I've just discovered two crates of stuff in my loft. One contains about a dozen boxed slow charge Riko/Acoms chargers - if anyone wants one to complete that vintage set look let me know I'm giving them away free if anyone wants them. (other wise I'm not bringing them and they are going in the skip)

Secondly I got a box of some Perspex car stands I had especially made years ago to sit under my shelf queens to just keep the tyres from taking any weight. Seeing as I don't have any shelf queens, I don't have any room to display them if I did and the fact they've sat in my loft for 10yrs and I've done nothing with them. I'll be bringing them and shifting them at £3 a pair (most models only need 2)

Cheers

Chris

I am definately coming to this, and I may be interested in the car stands if they will fit in my cabinet?, how tall are they?

I think I will have to buy my tickets on the gate but definately coming with the father in law on Sunday.

Is this the correct postcode for satnav? NG9 4AJ

Just got to giv a big thanks to my new friends at West Bridgford RC Club - they've just given me the loan of some more track marking stuff. Loads of it, got to work out how to transport it now.

hose.jpg

As for the stands, they are basically a 6cm cube. Sometime I use them upside down if its fits the gear box better

stand.jpg

Has anyone got a M03 body they can lend me for the TC meet ? i only need it saturday as i have and M03 and will get it running if i can fit the mardave beetle body or the HPI VW camper body to it as i have new beetle wheels and tires plus old runner ones i can use on the day but if not i'll need a top in any condition will do. I'm also getting the drift TA-02 and will run the RM-01 with the touring cars if they will let me as it's only got a 32t formual motor in it.

Hi Joe,

My time is split between Tollerton and West Bridgford.

Cheers

Chris

Is there still plenty of space to enter races, my laptop broke not been able to do anything for a few days, mini race and hornet and open track

Is there still plenty of space to enter races, my laptop broke not been able to do anything for a few days, mini race and hornet and open track

+1WR-02 VW wheelie,Brushless blitzer, brushless DT-02,M04XL with maisto beetle body

A couple of things crossed my mind today, as they do when your out with the mrs shopping for shoes...

Please just ignore this post though if I've missed something and am wasting peoples time. Am just not that good when it comes to forums and staying up to date with the threads :blink: .

1) Where and when can I book in for racing? ;)

2) Regarding the trades; instead of trading all day why not have a window(s) of trading? like say between 12:00hrs - 14:00hrs, or some other times like a few trade sessions over the day. The reason I say this is because, if you have a table of stuff to sell, your kind of stuck there and cant race and mingle etc, you may miss potential buyers etc. Hope this makes sense guys. :)

P.S. Cant wait to meet you nutters! :lol:

Oh and forgot to mention to the TC CREW... any class of racing/bashing will be great to take part in or spectate. Yes I think keeping the race class' simple is good, lets just have a laugh!

I want to race my King Blackfoot, Lunchbox and my Mitsibuishi Lancer 7 (everythings Tamiya on it except the shell, as the oringinal perished).

Cheers

@ Mr Nice & Dirt 540 - yep still plenty of spaces left. Booking form will on line later today. (Nearly made it yesterday but forgot an important bit I had to fo first)

@dirt 540. We can't really stop people trading, even if we wanted to. People are there with their car boots open and tables out all day, we can't walk around asking them to put stuff away. Its up to the individual what they do with what they bring. What has always happened in the past is that either people come as 'twos' and just take it in turns on their tables, take it on themselves to lock stuff away in their cars if they are not looking after it at that time or just risk leaving it out, based on the fact that there is normally someone nearby that will keep an eye on it for you.

We've had no trouble in the past, that I am aware of but I have to stress its up to each individual to be responsible for their own stuff. The protection of your items is not covered by my insurance, event insurance or the venue.

Chris

Hi again will there be a scaler area to do a bit of trailing with cc-01s etc

Officially there is only one track being used during the day and thats the indoor generic one (by indoor I mean 'covered' as the wall completely rolls up)

We'll spice the track up with ramps and things for specific races. That said there is another area, in one of the original photos I shot that is outdoor and natural - its just about 100 yeards away from the main track. This can be used at anytime BUT ONLY if you are on 2.4ghz. (The only time I've ever seen anyone getting a bit annoyed at one of these events is when they are trying to take part in a race and someone sitting some where else in the site deciding to run their cars on the same frequency. DON'T do this.

Chris

Correct postcode is NG9 4AJ

This is what google map should show you. Entrance is via Bridge Avenue. I'm aiming to put signs up at the end of this road.

bigmap.png

Here is my provisional map for the venue layout. the idea is to keep the main activity around the main bus depot. Subject to weather and numbers though this might change. As I mentioned previously there is also an area to the south of this map that we can use to run 2.4ghz stuff off road if we want. (Although this is for those interested to arrange and look after, I'm tied up on the main events track)

smallmap.png

EVENT BOOKING IS NOW OPEN

make sure you are logged in first and then hit this url

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/book_events.asp

The 'model' description box is there so you can give a bit more detail about what you are running.

Please don't over commit and book frequencies that you are not going to be able to run in. If you add yourself and change your mind please come back and change this form. If you change your mind on the day please update the hard copy printed sheets ASAP. (they will be posted near the track)