netsmithUK

The Official Tamiyaclub.com 2012 Event - 4 DAYS TO GO!

Just Sorted out a couple runners which I hope to sell, almost RTR. Just need batteries. Ones a Monster Beetle with a Kamtec Shell (used in Tamiyclub Kidderminster meeting in 2007), Another a king Blackfoot with ESC and 40 MHz radio and a QD Suburu Impreza 99 in a good complete condition.

There are a few power sockets around the place but not enough to go around. We can't run multiple gang extensions off them either because they are on sensitive RCDs so, as with previous events, you should assume you are charging from car batteries to be safe, then if there is spare sockets, its a bonus.

THERE IS A BIG CONDITION HERE THOUGH

Any electrical equipment you are bringing onto the site you are accepting responsibility for its safety and its safe usage. Equipment should not be used if its unsafe in anyway. By operating any machinery on site you are confirming its safe.

Tomorrows challenge.

Who can be the first to publish a pic of their tickets to their showroom (or here if you don't have one)

Chris

Got my tickets, awesome :)

2eb688b54b692995b4a174deafe63a82.jpg

@ netsmithUK. I wasnt insinuating we should try and stop people from trading, far from it. I was just suggesting we could have an official time window of trade. It was just an idea though, the fact is I havent a clue as to your work-load right now other than I should asume its pretty big. I also wouldnt have a clue how to start to arange such an event, so thank you for all your time and work, am really looking forward to it!

Could anybody whos going to be there earlyish give me their mobile number please, its just incase I get stuck in a traffic jam etc on the way. I can ring up to cancel and then someone else has the oppurtunity to have my race slot. I know someone will have my race slot if I'm not there anyway but it'll save people the hassle if my name is removed form the race board in advance. Hopefully I should be there by 10 ready for the 10:20 race. Just trying to be considerate.

Cheers

Was hoping more tickets had arrived by now :S

I'm now off work and got three solid days of event preparation lined up. :)

I always come away from these events with a bad back, from a whole weekend of being bent double, either flipping models, moving boxes, working on models, leaning over tables trading and buying. This time around as a first I've got a bad back before I even get there, from all the bending over messings around with track layouts, making ramps, dragging stuff out of my loft, sorting out crates etc.

Off to the venue again today.

Chris

Sorry Chris got our tickets yesterday forgot to post on here. I still have to get a few things sorted in between working 12 hour shifts, and yet to figure how to fit all the stuff in car.

Been to the venue again - i get more excited each time as its got bags of potential.

Advanced table booking is CLOSED but there will be another 5 - 10 (maybe more) on the day for a first come first served basis.

Catering is now sorted. Was sorted then the food wagon has let us down, so family and friends are stepping in to fill the void. On site all day and both days there will be a snack shop, with various sweets (mars bars etc), savory products (crisps, scones etc), home made flapjack and cake. There will also be teas and coffees. (and don't worry none of this stuff is going to be 'captive audience alton towers' pricing.

There will be a big breakfast run at 9am, for bacon cobs, egg cobs and full monster cooked breakfasts, and then a similar sandwich run at around 12. Just place your order at the entrance gate (Where there will also be the fusion Wild One Lottery) when you are ready and it will be fetched for you.

Evening will be a similar thing the options being fish and chips or chinese - place your order about 6ish and it will be fetched.

If you prefer to fetch your own, its only a 5 - 10min walk away.

Sunday there will be the onsite food as usual. The 'fetch' service will only be on if the local sandwich place makes enough trade on Saturday ro make it worth opening on the Sunday.

Good stuff getting the food sorted out :) I'm supposed to be on a diet but the thought of a Monster Breakfast is really appealing :D

My ticket arrived yesterday, post doesn't arrive at home until midday and I didn't get home until 10pm - late night at the race club. Was planning to book my events last night too but it got so late and I drank so much lager I kind of accidentally forgot. Hopefully there'll still be room for me in my favourite events :)

Had a downer put on my weekend today - I ordered a couple of extra LiPos from Modelsport on Monday, they were showing in stock when I ordered them but surprise surprise they're showing out of stock now, and they weren't in the packet that turned up today. Anyone know how many 2s LiPo charges you typically get out of an old car battery? That's all I'll have for power unless I keep nipping out to the car park to charge stuff, and I don't live leaving my LiPos unattended while charging, especially in a car I'm borrowing from my mother!! I can't imagine how that conversation would go...

Food runs sound great, fingers crossed they will be open Sunday as we have only paid for rooms at the hotel and not breakfast.

Just in case I've not stressed this enough already, THE RAIN WON'T EFFECT THIS EVENT. We could do it all indoors, trading and racing with no problem at all.

Is anyone after 'old' stuff any more? I've just found another box with about 5 x Wild Willy 1 ranging from very nice to not so nice. Is it worth bringing this sort of stuff? Same with SRB's I've got a heap of partial chassiss and parts.I've also got mountains of clod stuff, 3 pairs of nice gear boxes and loads of hop up bits. Plus a box which contains just about every spring tamiya ever madeReason there is so much stuff is that, although I always bought loads to trade to events, I always kept lots of stuff back planning and hoarding for 'rainy day' projects. Figured there is no chance thats going to happen, so it time to pass the stuff on

Chris,

i'm planning on bringing quite a few rarer cars with me with the hope of finding good homes for them ;) is it OK to post a brief list on here just to give other members some advance notice of what might interest them ?

thanks

Mark

Yes, this is a racing and trading event so I think its ok to talk trades here. I see no harm in listing what you are bringing to trade (and I acknowldge I've probably got a bit of a bias view here)

Is anyone after 'old' stuff any more? I've just found another box with about 5 x Wild Willy 1 ranging from very nice to not so nice. Is it worth bringing this sort of stuff? Same with SRB's I've got a heap of partial chassiss and parts.I've also got mountains of clod stuff, 3 pairs of nice gear boxes and loads of hop up bits. Plus a box which contains just about every spring tamiya ever madeReason there is so much stuff is that, although I always bought loads to trade to events, I always kept lots of stuff back planning and hoarding for 'rainy day' projects. Figured there is no chance thats going to happen, so it time to pass the stuff on

What's the worst wild willy you have as I have one I plan on restoring to runner condition and a donor car would be useful ;)

What's the worst wild willy you have as I have

A while back when things were expensive I decided that the way to do things economically was to do them in bulk, then get rid of the bits I didn't use. My WW is a classic case of that I bought just about WW I saw going for a while took them all apart and put the bits in boxes, then did nothing with them. So I've just got boxes of all the bits to build about half a dozen all in boxes, parts ranging from new to 'more glue than plastic' I'll chuck them all in the car and bring them along.

OK Cheers Chris - so here goes...

striker project new chassis & decals,Avante re-re new built,hopper re-re new built,super sabre mint restored,thunder dragon mint restored,blazing star new build,frog re-re new build,brat new build chrome chassis,HS2 restored,HS1 original near mint,boomerang restored mint,astute restored mint,brat polycard and hard bodies,Acoms AP227 boxed Tx,XR311 original project nice,Cheetah project, spare xr311 chassis with torsion bars,Opel ascona project - nice WITH ORIGINAL NIB Bodyset, quattro Rally restored chassis mint with ORIGINAL NIB bodyset, original hilux all original untouched for resto, wild one project,sand rover original for resto, holiday buggy original for resto, sand scorcher original complete for resto-lovely original,early HS1 with period radio for resto-hardy run,madcap for resto with NIB body,HS1 for spares, Associated RC10 Gold Tub-really nice. I've also got a box of NIB parts for rummaging in. Also have an original NIB holiday buggy body if anyone wants me to bring it. Also have a quattro rally chassis mostly complete. Is anyone interested in empty kit boxes? have loads in the loft and will bring them if there's interest.

I've also got a very nice wooden display cabinet (beech I think) with glass doors and 7 glass shelves and two drawers(displays 21 cars dust free) if anyone is interested let me know for pics -may be able to fit it on the roof ;-)

Also have a wooden shelving unit with cotton cover and roll up front which i dont want any more (argos clothes wardrobe i think)- comes apart for transport - let me know if you want it and i'll bring it along

There may be a few more but i'm away from home this week and wont be back till friday night so may not get to bed friday night !!

BAD NEWS

www.radshaperc.com can no longer make it to be the onsite shop. Staffing problems means that they just can't attend, which is a real shame, although not the end of the world. I think the main impact will be that a lot of you will go home with a bit more money in your pocket.

That said if anyone knows of a supplier/shop that wants a place to sell to a captive audience then get them to drop me a line.

Cheers

Chris

Would it be possible to use the un-used tables as a communal workbench? instead of spannering out of car boots.

Gettinng excited now, all the lipo packs I have ordered have turned up so can throw my NIMH's in the bin

Thats a shame havent seen Chris in a while. Suppose will have to spend it on something else... Hmm I wouldnt mind an original wild willy in need of restore, bring your old stuff Chris.

A while back when things were expensive I decided that the way to do things economically was to do them in bulk, then get rid of the bits I didn't use. My WW is a classic case of that I bought just about WW I saw going for a while took them all apart and put the bits in boxes, then did nothing with them. So I've just got boxes of all the bits to build about half a dozen all in boxes, parts ranging from new to 'more glue than plastic' I'll chuck them all in the car and bring them along.

Thank you, I look forward to having a look :D