netsmithUK

The Official Tamiyaclub.com 2012 Event - 4 DAYS TO GO!

Hi Netsmith, Not sure if you were at Snetterton when I was there, but everybody laid down their cars on the track with the aim of completing a line of cars all the way round the track. Possibly the largest collection of Tamiya in the U.K at one time. Somebody then filmed it all with a camera car.

[media=]

[/media]

Why have I never seen this vid? Absolute class.

Hi' netsmith i got the carpet cut and hoovered lol, i will be there before 9, or can come alittle earlier to help lay it out if you want?

up to you as i dont mind my journey is about a hour i was thinkingof leaving about 7;15 just in case of traffic.

Thanks for the offer but we can't let anyone on site until 8.30am at the earliest thanks. Good news about the carpet. That should just about finish off the 'scrapheap challenge' feel of the track.

Cheers

Chris

am bringing a small box of goodies to flog not priced, but there is this schumacher nitro ten mk1 runner needs pullstart and airfilter the only car that will be for sale.

101284424_640.jpg

Just fixed my MB and sorted some stuff out to sell, I don't plan on bringing any of this home, there are already 5 cars in my car too ;)

13fe280aa85204381c2b23df05898276.jpg

64EC4F87-12C9-4FE1-928A-3ABBEE0B4F61-388-00000093301ECE3B.jpg

The line up, all ready to go, small matter of building an astute ball diff to sort of cope with a 9t motor!

LOVED IT. LOVED IT, LOVED IT today. I'm trying to work out how I can get back there tomorrow but I don't think I'm going to be able to swing it.

I met some great guys for the first time today. Big apols if I've missed someone out but I didn't catch everyone's TC name. These guys were great and we had some brilliant chats.

Here we go:

NetsmithUK, Wandy, BellysGonnaGetchya!,

PrimeNumber, SuperGripper, MrNice,

BuggyMuncher, Jimbo, Smitchos, ShayD.

Best of all, is I met someone I grew up with. Family friends and kicked around all the time as kids from when we were toddlers and right through school. I'd lost touch 20+ years ago but our families are still in touch. Spike. Blew me away when he walked in and, at times, it was like being kids again. Epic.

Yes - also had a great day at the Tamiyaclub meet myself today. Been there - got the T-shirt! Great to put a face to many of the names which are familiar from the Tamiyaclub site and forum. Big thank you to Chris and his team of merry helpers - they've done a wonderful job today keeping us fed and watered. Thoroughly enjoyed putting in a lot of laps with various vehicles - the Lunchbox / Pumpkin race particularly was an epic!! If your hesitating about going over tomorrow then just grab a few cars and get over there - you'll have a great time. I know many of the guys racing today were coming back for the second day so you're bound to be in good company.

Oh - and a big thanks to JWeston for reuniting Willy with his welly!!

Hi i also had a great day but had to shoot off pretty fast so didnt get chance to say bye.Met alot of great peeps todays and also grabbed a few bargains.Here a little vid.oh yeah who won raffle

Hi guys, Had a cracking day today, Ellea's (4 yr old daughter!) been talking about it all day. Did a round trip of 280miles, just wish i could have stayed longer. Got a cracking Blackfoot off Zakspeed and a Super Champ chassis off NetsmithUK. Cheers guys, i'll be busy for a few months yet. It was great to meet a few of you and hope you all have a great day tomorrow!

Cheers

Lee :D

Hey mr nice, My only breakage of the day and you managed to get it on video ( 28 seconds into the first video ) - nice work! Just a lost wheel nut from the Stadium Gator - looks impressive to see the wheel bouncing away, but it was soon back on track and in among the action again.

I wouldn't show your insurance company the second video though - your premium may go up!

Raffle was won by Simon - Smitchos - lucky boy walked away with the brand new Wild One kit.

Just got back myself, uploading some videos now. Had a great time, didn't speak to many people but it was a very friendly atmosphere.

No breakages until I got home, took the Blitzer beetle with castle creations sidewinder system and 3s lipo out and broke a axle, snapped it clean.

Also broke a wire off the ESC but I will solder that back on tonight.

Just wanted to say thanks for today, it was great to meet some like minded folk and some of the vehicles on display were awesome.

I look forward to seeing all the photos :)

Hi guys, Had a cracking day today, Ellea's (4 yr old daughter!) been talking about it all day. Did a round trip of 280miles, just wish i could have stayed longer. Got a cracking Blackfoot off Zakspeed and a Super Champ chassis off NetsmithUK. Cheers guys, i'll be busy for a few months yet. It was great to meet a few of you and hope you all have a great day tomorrow!

Cheers

Lee :D

boing boing bouch goes you wheel lol,

Hey mr nice, My only breakage of the day and you managed to get it on video ( 28 seconds into the first video ) - nice work! Just a lost wheel nut from the Stadium Gator - looks impressive to see the wheel bouncing away, but it was soon back on track and in among the action again.

Lol, I didn't see that happen, and I was in that race. (The red Sand Rover)

Too busy concentrating on trying to keep my own car straight.

What a top first day for a new venue and format. Thankfully everyone was flexible as we ironed out some of the issues. Great meeting so many people! We didn't leave until gone 9pm tonight was working on a new bigger track layout for tomorrow - hopefully it will stay in shape.

BTW still got lots more to shift so if you didn't get a bargain today come see me tomorrow. BTW I might not have made this clear but I had a whole bunch of 1:1 car stickers for the rear window of your real cars I was giving away free - so come see me if you want one and I've got just three TShirts left.

See you all tomorrow.

Chris

Thanks for organising this Netsmith

I am sorry I didn't introduce myself to everyone but I have recently become partially deaf and I was struggling to hear conversations, I hope nobody thought I was being ignorant if I didn't talk much.

I had a great time and snagged a few good buys and some freebies as well, thanks for the freebies, I am really sorry I didn't get all your names and have forgot the ones I was told!!.

The weather was great, nice drive on a dry road.

I wish I could come back tomorrow but she only let me out for the day. lol

Paul filmed this for me. I would like to apologise to all the people I crashed into.

[media=]

[/media]

How do I do this hashtag thing?

'#TC2012'

This must have taken a while to make as well, did anyone else use it?. (everybody on 2.4ghz. :D )

DSCF5534.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks for today, it was great to meet some like minded folk and some of the vehicles on display were awesome.

I look forward to seeing all the photos :)

+1

'#TC2012'

Congratulations to the organisers. Really enjoyed the event. Met some cool people, thanks for chatting with me. Managed to buy a Porsche 959 from Purplebugsy. For a pretty good price. Looking forward to running it. Slightly dissapointed with the lack of monster trucks. Maybe next time I will bring mine. Looking forward to reading peoples thoughts about the day.

Thank you.

wldnas & Evoman - 2 chaps I missed off the list above! :wacko:

Eddystone - pleased I managed to track the boot owner down :)

Mr Nice / Wolfdogstinkus - great videos :)