netsmithUK

The Official Tamiyaclub.com 2012 Event - 4 DAYS TO GO!

Ohhhh... I wish so bad i could be there!!!

The auction is great I think!

Badboy

Will be attending,

The auction sounds good, i have a few things sat here still thanks to non-payers on ebay!

Looking forward to it!

I like the idea also and i have some ££££££'s spare but its burning a hole in my pocket and i keep flicking on to ebay to see whats about.

Well I have booked my hotel for the 2 kids wife and I for the weekend. We are going to travel down on the Friday go to the Robin hood festival retire to the hotel for a early night ready for 2 days of fun.

The hotel was only £93 for the 2 nights including breakfast for all four of us , which is a bonus.

All I need to do is get my cars ready. But I have plenty of time as I'm off work now until the 19th of August.

Really looking forward to this! Will be attending the Sunday and have the monday booked off so no major rush to travel back to sunny Kent.

when can we buy the tickets? and how? can i buy two ? can we bring cars buggys allso can we race them :)

cant wait for this

jason

Tickets will be on sale very shortly. Everything is set up and ready to go I'm just being paranoid about getting the signed 'contract' in my hand. The lady I've been dealing with has been on holiday for 2 weeks and gets back on Monday.

There is certainly a lot of power outlets at the venue - I just need to confirm if we can use them and how we manage them so I'd assume, as with past events, you should assume you will be charging from your car battery. If I can get other methods sorted that will be a bonus.

There will certainly be buggy 'races' there - although as I've said before 'races' is over selling it a bit. Its more 'fun runs' - if any one is expecting official timings or even lap counting then this is probably not an event for you. We don't even have winners.

Trade support I'm working on. At least one 'shop' will be there and another has contributed a prize for something. More details later.

Will be nice to get a few races organised, or at least a crystal board so we don't clash with frequencies.

Sure. We'll organise it like last time. you can still see the old advance booking listing here

http://tamiyaclub.com/book_events.asp

Last time was quite buggy heavy but this time the terrain is more like tarmac, so we'll probably swop a few for on road cars and big rigs. I'll put up a new version of the booking form at the same time as tickets are made available.

cheers

Chris

Sounds good.

I'd like to see a drift track made up, and something for crawlers. Suppose one track could serve for drifters and normal onroaders.

Chris, are the surfaces clean or dusty? Just wondering if we need to bring a brush to clear an area so we're not hitting bits of gravel etc?

I am coming to this as it will be great to meet up with some old friends. I do not have so many cars to run now but will bring a few things with me. I will of course have some stuff to trade and will bring all my leftovers of parts - you will get a bargain. I am also going to be selling a range Kamtec shells at a special Tamiyaclub price so it would be good to know if anyone has any special requests so I can get them ordered.

I have to work on Saturday morning so will either come up around 4pm Sat or just come on the Sunday. Where is everyone staying that are planning to have a few drinks Sat eve as that might sway my decision.

Hi Daz

Glad you can make it. There are loads of local places for a drink and places to stay. I'll post a short list shortly. Hopefully tickets will go on sale close of play tomorrow. I'm also taking loads of stuff to sell, decided its been sitting in my loft long enough. Already sorted out my keepers but the rest is up for grabs.

Cheers

Chris

Daz, i have booked a room for me, Moosey, and Steve309 at the Best Western, Long Eaton, just off J25 m1. 10 mins from the TC meet.

I think single rooms are about £45.

Some great pubs in Beeston which is next door to Chilwell. The Vic next to Beeston Train Station is epic for food and beer.

The Best Western in Long Eaton has a bar though so if people are vehicularly challenged, that has to be the best bet for a few beers. Rooms still available for the Saturday night for £45.

Tickets will be going live later today :)

Because of tight timeframes they will only be on sale until Tuesday next week. Not that I think we'll hit the limit but because of insurance we can only sell 400 of them (in total for the weekend)

And just a reminder its the first time a big chunk of the venue including the track will be under cover - so no worries about the weather

Quick Poll.

Within the RC fanatic TShirt buying crowd, whats the preferred TShirt base colour. I'm guessing dark - black, olive, grey? What about preference for prints on back or front? (Don't worry by posting an opinion you are under no obligation to buy)

Chris

Black all the way, long as they're available for the stouter gentleman!

Gutted that this doesn't tie in with my upcoming touring holiday, even more so now that an auction is proposed. Then again better I keep away otherwise I'll be buying everyone elses projects only to add to the pile I already have lol!

Black soon looks shabby after a few washes, IMO. Grey is best bet for longer lasting.

J

Insert swear word of choice . I only live down the road in PEBO . Guess whos on holiday and will miss this . God sake i even work in Nottingham