Yello

Tamiya XV-01, New All-Terrain, Crossover Rally RC

All they have to do is create a mold insert in the parts sprue.. one that holds a tamiya, another for deans and perhaps a traxxas.

Does anyone know the difference between the pro chassis and standard kit?

Fusion have the pro chassis listed at £249 and the standard kit with body at £225 in the coming soon section.

The pro chassis will come with Trf all dampers, and a few other blue alu hop ups like turn buckles, suspension blocks, motor plate

Wow that thing is crazy fast! And it corners awesomely! Man o man I wish I had that! :)

I agree! Too bad it's 200 mm, what are you going to use for wheels? You need + 6 offset or more

It seems that "rally legends" has the right style, but I'm not too sure what kind of off-set they have.

I'll make it work somehow... :)

I just came back from my LHS and I was told the the release date is July 21st ^_^

any updates? i am ready for a new kit

I am trying to work out if the Lancia Delta Integrale shell will fit directly on this. I believe the width and wheelbase should be good but have no idea if the body-mounts will line up. Anybody got a clue?

I am trying to work out if the Lancia Delta Integrale shell will fit directly on this. I believe the width and wheelbase should be good but have no idea if the body-mounts will line up. Anybody got a clue?

the body comes with no pre drilled holes . tamiya part number 51401

That's precisely the body I have waiting to go on my XV01 Pro. Im pretty sure that the body post are in an identical position as the DF03 ra

Well that makes life easy! At last a fitting chassis for this beauty.

Banzai are showing stock of the basic kit. I have ordered mine to pass the time until the pro is available.

i now have a week to decide on a body for it, woo hoo

Well it looks as though Banzai have missled me.

My XV has been delayed for some reason (given as out of stock) yet the website shows it is in stock.

It has taken them 4 days to notify me of the "problem".

So there will be a delay until i can play.

Still not as bad as the garbage Stella dished up to me.

Wish the slipper came with the XV-01 Pro...another $30-40 for an upgrade that probably necessary for brushless.

Wish the slipper came with the XV-01 Pro...another $30-40 for an upgrade that probably necessary for brushless.

I actually don't believe the slipper is necessary. In countries like czech republic where rally racing is big, they most use converted TC3, TA02, and older X-ray chassis, none of which have a slipper.

The df03 ra needed the slipper because it had it the weak aluminium idle gear. The slipper basically gave you a safety net.

I think the drive line on his car is pretty bullet proof. The diffs are the same ones on a TA06 Pro.

So unless you plan on jumping this car like a buggy... You won't need it. If you jump it as a buggy, your going to break a lot of other things as well lol

That's good to know. I will try it first without....will be running a Tacon 9T motor, which shouldn't be too hot for it on 2S lipo.

I actually don't believe the slipper is necessary. In countries like czech republic where rally racing is big, they most use converted TC3, TA02, and older X-ray chassis, none of which have a slipper.

The df03 ra needed the slipper because it had it the weak aluminium idle gear. The slipper basically gave you a safety net.

I think the drive line on his car is pretty bullet proof. The diffs are the same ones on a TA06 Pro.

So unless you plan on jumping this car like a buggy... You won't need it. If you jump it as a buggy, your going to break a lot of other things as well lol

The DF03 mainshaft gear isn't weak. It's made of soft material that wears quickly. I tried running the slipper loose and it made little difference to the rate at which the mainshaft gear would wear.

A slipper clutch in a rally car is useful if you are jumping the car and landing with power still on hard (like you would if racing against the clock or rally cross racing). A beneficial upgrade if you're going to run your rally chassis hard enough to get all four wheels off the ground with the power on.

The slipper clutch will protect a ball differential in that it should be set to at a point where the clutch will slip before the diff does. The XV-01 has gear differentials, so the only thing a slipper is going to protect is your driving line when you land from a jump having all wheels spinning faster than you are travelling and controlling some of the wheelspin as the difference in speed between the wheels and ground is reduced.

Pro kit ordered now as well. I got a pair of slippers as well just in case

It's here!

I just picked up my XV -01pro from my LHS :)

It does come with rims, tires and foam inserts, so that's good

Unfortunately, it comes with Phillips head screws and to be honest for the price of this kit, it shouldn't...

Ohh well, that's Tamiya for you :D

I shall momentarily start the building process and I'll post pictures of the build..

Here's a couple of pictures for you...

001.jpg

002.jpg

• Like 2

looking forward to it comming together