Yello

Tamiya XV-01, New All-Terrain, Crossover Rally RC

Ok, resolved the belt noise issue. Mounted top piece on back side first, then long piece.

Here are before and after picts of motor mount

photo1.jpg

dremeled off about 2 mm

photo2.jpg

Here is how I mounted my switch

photo3.jpg

Lancia Delta Body being prepped :D The DF03 version with pre-marked posts line perfectly up, no guess work

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

I have to say, the drive train on this car is really smooth! Nice to have a belt driven rallye car.

I set up the car as follows for now:

Front diff 5000 cs

Rear diff 1000 cs

Front dampers 50 weight, yellow spring (white with yellow mark)

rear dampers 35 weight, red springs

Front camber 0º

Front toe out 1º

Rear camber -2º

Rear toe: stock kit

Ride height, not set up yet.

I should have time to test it out on Friday

if this wasn't so expensive i'd have one to go rallying with. Will hold off a few years and keep an eye out on eBay!

I noticed one little detail to think about -- it looks like your ESC switch is mounted so the ON direction is to the front of the chassis. If you drive off road with this, a small pebble may kick up and actually push the switch to the OFF position (towards the rear of the chassis). I've had this happen, and it's easy to fix by hiding the switch a little more and by orienting it so the ON position is to the rear of the chassis.

-Paul

I noticed one little detail to think about -- it looks like your ESC switch is mounted so the ON direction is to the front of the chassis. If you drive off road with this, a small pebble may kick up and actually push the switch to the OFF position (towards the rear of the chassis). I've had this happen, and it's easy to fix by hiding the switch a little more and by orienting it so the ON position is to the rear of the chassis.

-Paul

Hey Paul,

It's funny that you mentioned the switch position. My experience with racing RC, has taught me to always mount the "on" facing forward.

When you're racing down the back straight, occasionally someone decides to park their car right in the middle, or another will knock you into a barrier. A hard enough collision will slide the switch to off.

So the thought of a pebble knocking it off didn't occur to me. I'll probably embed it somewhere else, since it is a bit exposed where it sits right now.

Thanks for the heads up :D

I finally ran this car today, but only on the street.... I decided to change the gearing to Mod 4.. since i have a lot of those from my TRF416.. I went with a 96T spur and 45t pinion.. which give it an FDR of 6. Tyres I used some X pattern and ran it in the alley behind my condo. With the ballistic 13.5 the car is fast! The tranny is smooth and quiet with respect to my old DF03-RA.

Handled the bumpy alley pretty well. With all the weight in front, the car has A LOT of steering. I actually think it would be a good track car, would definitely give the TA06 Pro a run for its money. I think it would be untouchable on the infield, fast sweepers though would be tricky with the light weight rear end.

I've been waiting for my shell to arrive (Cosworth Focus) so now I can start building mine.. I have only heard really good things about this chassis :)

Update on XV-01 Pro, with Lancia Delta Integrale with driver figures to boot

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Hi,

this is my first post in Tamiyaclub and i would like to show you some modifications to my XV-01 pro

I have done all the modifications Viking252200 did and some more to increase the down travel but also the

damper travel. I used the 54221 Trf201 front spring set

51274 Trf501x rear uprigth

50519 cva damper set ,42mm swing shaft for the rear end ,and of course dremel

I have also a question: how do you manage not to leak the gear differentials ( diff oil / damper oil ) from the diferential joint cups?

P.S: English is not my native language so i apologize for my mistakes

post-40327-0-60766500-1353253663_thumb.j

post-40327-0-74745800-1353253673_thumb.j

post-40327-0-33840700-1353253681_thumb.j

post-40327-0-08844800-1353253692_thumb.j

post-40327-0-32994200-1353253699_thumb.j