Sign in to follow this  
gozone

Tamiya RC Kubelwagen 1/16

Hi all..

Having just acquired a NIB Kubel-thingy, i was wondering if anyone here has any info about it´s run-ability, as it does look rather "basic" to me, lol..

To put it short.. Is it worth building and running, or should I just put it in the attic, and more or less forget about it, lol. ;)

Cheers.

Michael

• Like 1

There are 2 versions, the static one and the rc. TBH it drove like a cheepy kids toy and wasn't easy to improve due to the lack of space.

• Like 1

Thanks Mr Crispy, I didn't know that, there is still a lot I don't know. :lol:

I would love to see some pictures of it.

• Like 1

>wolfdog> Yes, this is the RC-version, but still, it looks like a very nice kit.

Mr Crispy> Yeah, I guess it will be pretty "toy-like" to operate, but i guess i could replace the pinion and rack steering with a nicro servo, and use a micro Spektrum reciever, and a CTi Thor 15 speed control for proportional control, as i suspect nothing is proportional on the thing from new.

Anyway, wolfdog.. Take a look here on TC, as there are a few of them listed on here already. :) 

Dragon do a very nicely detailed 1/6th version of this that is just begging to be made fully rc .

Dragon do a very nicely detailed 1/6th version of this that is just begging to be made fully rc .

They also do the amphibious version in 1/6, now that would make a great project.

They also do the amphibious version in 1/6, now that would make a great project.

The schwimmwagen? That would be a cool project.

I have one runner and it does run like a toy but was fun to build. The build is like a static Tamiya kit so a lot of detail.

If you do build and run it, be gentle as a crash can easily brake something.

Spice> Ja, jeg regnede egentlig ogsaa med at den ville minde lidt om noget fra BR, lol.. Jeg tror bare at den bliver på loftet.. Ihvertfald til at starte med. ;) 

Spice> Ja, jeg regnede egentlig ogsaa med at den ville minde lidt om noget fra BR, lol.. Jeg tror bare at den bliver på loftet.. Ihvertfald til at starte med. ;) 

ikke helt så slem som BR ;)

If you are not going to build it might as well sell it and get a real rc to build. NIB Kubelwagen go for around USD200-USD230 on ebay.

Cheers.

Daniel

Yeah, I could do that.. However, there are several kits lying around, waiting to get built, so one more or less doesn´t make a big difference, lol.. Perhaps I may get around to building it sometime. ;)