Hello, I have a Blackfoot 58058 and am need of a counter gear (9335026). Does anyone out there have one that I can buy?

Ebay Article Number: 251096809672

(I'm not the seller)

Very Expensive, but it's a hop up.

I also have a plastic one, but I don't know if it's worth anything, because it's 30 years old and may be fragile.

Since running mine I've nuked 2 Counter gears...they nylon just doesn't age well (to say nothing about my driving style or the Sport Tuned Black motor I'm running....) The newest one I installed I boiled first. Holing up well thus far.

RJ

re re frog and brat gear sets have the right tooth number gear

you just have to pick the proper one of the 3 that the kit has for the spur

AFAIK, the gear ratio of the Frog/Brat 2-part counter gears (the gear between pinion gear and differential spur gear) differ from those of the Blackfoot/Monster Beetle/Mud Blaster 1-part counter gear. Thus you can't swap that counter gear as a direct replacement. Please see also this thread for detailed information:

http://www.tamiyaclu...97

If you swap the whole gearset (including the small diameter, proprietary long shaft brass pinion and motor mount) of the Blackfoot gearbox for a Frog gearset, you are then limited to the Frog's gear ratios and larger regular short aluminium (or hop-up steel) pinions. Running the Frog's buggy gear ratios along with the Blackfoot's monster truck style wheels will put a lot of unnecessary stress on the motor and the gears.

However, please don't hesitate to correct me if my statement may be wrong. I would be glad to know if there's a simple way to swap the rare vintage Blackfoot counter gear for the more widely available vintage and re-re Frog counter gears, while keeping the gear ratios suitable to monster truck wheels. :)

Without ditching the whole Blackfoot metal gearbox in favour of a Super Blackfoot plastic gearbox. ;)

I've seen some custom motor mounts for the Frog and Blackfoot that should allow the use of regular pinions in various sizes from 10t to 19t:

http://www.tamiyaclu...l.asp?cid=83843

But these aren't available at the moment. RC guy 09 told me he'll inform me if they'll be available again.

CRP made those motor swing mounts in fiberglass as well as a few others way back.

You can easily make your own,or browse e-bay as they do turn up often

2 years ago I picked up a clod parts lot and had 20 sets of knockoff aluminum version of motor swings, ebayed those at $5 each and made my money back plus for the whole parts lot. :)

Well, if I could get my hands on some drawings or CAD files, I could try to manufacture such a motor mount by myself.

CRP made those motor swing mounts in fiberglass as well as a few others way back.

You can easily make your own,or browse e-bay as they do turn up often

2 years ago I picked up a clod parts lot and had 20 sets of knockoff aluminum version of motor swings, ebayed those at $5 each and made my money back plus for the whole parts lot. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-Blackfoot-Adjustable-Motor-Mount-CB18M01-easy-to-adjust-for-gear-mesh-/200818204057?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec1b29d99

Many thanks. For the mount you've mentioned I'd have to ask the seller about international shipping outside the U.S. The mount seems to accept only long brass pinions, according to the description, whis could be slightly misleading? Or may I be wrong?

I found a different motor mount with worldwide shipping, but there's no description of possible pinion choices with that mount. Is this a good mount? It looks like it is made for regular short pinions.

kgrhqrhjbie9tho6utbpmw1zdn.jpg

kgrhqzhjcie93ozcgj3bpfux9k.jpg

I got a kind response from the seller of the above shown motor mount. To sum his response up:

- Regular pinions should be able to be used, but check if the length of your motor shaft is long enough to compensate the thickness (1/8" or 3,17 mm) of the motor mount.

- Pinion gear range should be starting from 6T and up using the biggest counter gear (like the Frog's largest counter gear of 3, or the Blackfoot counter gear). However, check if the motor itself doesn't clash with gearbox, chassis or suspension parts when using extreme low or high pinion tooth counts.