Sign in to follow this  
OrangeSport

What Next?

So, I have a few quid spare for a new kit. I want something current and NIB. My current collection is here:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=34726

This time I fancy something different to what I already have. The choices I am pondering are (in no particular order):

Super Clod Buster. Are they any good?

A tank. They look fun and different.

Sand Scorcher. I am not sure that my painting skills are good enough.

XB Buggy Champ. I don't know if I really want a RTR.

XR311. Are they good to drive?

A Celica and a Pajero Wheelie. Both echos of my youth, but ultimately pretty simple.

M-05RA. FWD could be fun.

What I really want is an SRB Ranger re-release, but in the absence of that what do you think?

you can always buy a SRB and set it up to run a blackfoot shell

The Sand Scorcher or Super Clod would be great choices. I don't have a Sand Scorcher yet, but I did build a Buggy Champ, and love the chassis. You could also buy an extra body set for the Sand Scorcher. Use your first body for practicing your paint skills, and use it for your runner. Then you can do a better job on the second body, and use it for the time your SS sits on the shelf. I just bought the new Super Clod. I think the Clod will be high on my list of builds that will be a HUGE blast to build and run!! I will build it stock first, including the dual steering set-up. I'll lock the rear diff, and also use an Outcry ESC. The Outcry will let me use my 3S Lipo packs. If you are looking for a fun build, and also a tough buggy.....either of those two would fit the bill nicely!!! Don't forget to upgrade to full bearings too!!!!

Let us know what you decide!

Clod or Scorcher. Both great builds, both great runners.

Er, buy 'em both.

Both the Clod and the Scorcher are epic builds. The Clod is better supported by the aftermarket (you can actually build a "Clod Buster" with no Tamiya parts in it whatsoever), but the Scorcher is a better vehicle to run in stock form. And don't worry too much about painting; either one looks just fine with a well-done single color paint job.

Or, tamiyausa.com has the "silver edition" Buggy Champ kit on sale for under $200 right now... not sure how expensive it is to import.

You could also buy an extra body set for the Sand Scorcher. Use your first body for practicing your paint skills, and use it for your runner.

I do tend to have a couple of bodies for each car...

You have quite a few buggies. How about something on-road for a change of pace, like a Nissan R91CP (Group C), Toyota Tom's 84C (RM01) , or Wolf WR1 (F104)?

-Paul

I'd go for the Clod Buster (everyone should have a CLod of some description at some time), or the XR311 - will be a nice change from your existing buggy/crawler based cars