My Grasshopper getting it's first run on the beach

• Like 1

Awesome day for a little RC fun. Opening shot filmed with my new DJI Mavic Pro.

Just a thanks to everyone who is subscribed to my YT channel.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Theibault said:

Testing the Active Track feature on the DJI Mavic Pro to see if it can be used for filming RC cars.  

https://youtu.be/pcHe27f9d-o

thats quite impressive considering that car is small. I like the profile shots.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

thats quite impressive considering that car is small. I like the profile shots.

I wish it didn't have a max proximity and minimum height requirements. Would make my life so much easier lol.

9 hours ago, Theibault said:

Testing the Active Track feature on the DJI Mavic Pro to see if it can be used for filming RC cars.  

https://youtu.be/pcHe27f9d-o

I've been curious if a drone could follow an RC car, what are the maximum proximity and minimum height limits?

Could this drone keep up with a short course truck around a SC track and does it have hover feature so you could park it and get a close up at a jumping car?

• Like 1

On 3/23/2017 at 6:58 AM, Jason1145 said:

I've been curious if a drone could follow an RC car, what are the maximum proximity and minimum height limits?

Could this drone keep up with a short course truck around a SC track and does it have hover feature so you could park it and get a close up at a jumping car?

Haven't tested yet but i already think it won't keep up with anything over say 10mph. Won't go lower than about 7' when tracking and it likes to be at least 8' away from the subject for the most part.

• Like 1

Broken Gearbox....it lasted 37yrs....and then some heavy handed Yobo comes along and breaks it!

That above screenshot has just propelled the Brat onto my next RC purchase wish list... I haven't even watched the video yet ;p

Edit: Just watched the video, want the Brat even more!

• Like 1

Funny vid Shen! Cool little drone there, that's the next level getting Ariel shots while running your RC ;)

What resolution and frame rate was that filmed in?

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Funny vid Shen! Cool little drone there, that's the next level getting Ariel shots while running your RC ;)

What resolution and frame rate was that filmed in?

Hi Thanks! It was filmed at full HD at 30FPS

• Like 1

Couldn't decide what car to drive today, so I went flying instead. Big mistake lol.

• Like 1

Omar was the quad ok after its quad wash?! Great video again, you are addicted to flying no doubt, that opening flying sequence lifting up directly overhead looking down and then panning upwards was superb... you are pretty good with the control barring the wash!

Riughly how much for that camera you have with the fpv?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Omar was the quad ok after its quad wash?! Great video again, you are addicted to flying no doubt, that opening flying sequence lifting up directly overhead looking down and then panning upwards was superb... you are pretty good with the control barring the wash!

Riughly how much for that camera you have with the fpv?

It's sitting drying. I'll check it out tomorrow after work. Thanks for the kind words on my flying. I do love it and I feel I get better every time I fly. If you mean the camera on my fpv quad filming, it's a GoPro Hero5 Session. I think they go for $300 US. I get a break on them through work. It is waterproof so it was fine lol.

1 hour ago, Theibault said:

It's sitting drying. I'll check it out tomorrow after work. Thanks for the kind words on my flying. I do love it and I feel I get better every time I fly. If you mean the camera on my fpv quad filming, it's a GoPro Hero5 Session. I think they go for $300 US. I get a break on them through work. It is waterproof so it was fine lol.

I've seen that camera it looks good, I just got a new 4K EKEN camera I'm about to try out.

What about that actual quad used in the video and the fpv goggles if they are bought separately or come with it? It looks like a really good quad for its size with close control and ability

6 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

I've seen that camera it looks good, I just got a new 4K EKEN camera I'm about to try out.

What about that actual quad used in the video and the fpv goggles if they are bought separately or come with it? It looks like a really good quad for its size with close control and ability

The quad is an ImpulseRC Alien 5" Rotor Riot edition. Just like our kits, it came as a chassis. I used Flyduino KISS flight controller, KISS 24 amp Race Edition ESC's, Lumenier 2350kv motors, HS1177 FPV camera, ImmersionRC video transmitter, and FrSky Taranis radio and receiver. Oh, and the goggles are FatSharks. All are sold separately and you build it but there are many RTF quads that come ready to go out there in the marketplace.

• Like 1

I feel for you am sure we've all had days like that, I did last week when everything was set for a speed run and the camera battery died.. wasted the day that one did :)

Good luck with the 1060