5 hours ago, shenlonco said:

:D FUN!

My wife just said, "oh, that looks so cute!"  I am not into shiny refined vehicles, but it looks good indeed.   

15 minutes ago, Juggular said:

My wife just said, "oh, that looks so cute!"  I am not into shiny refined vehicles, but it looks good indeed.   

:D She has good taste! This little rig is a beauty!

2 hours ago, novicelad said:

I feel like I need one now! 

Yes you do!  

I think it does... when you turn, the inside wheel does turn a lot more than the outside wheel, if I remember correctly.  

My OCD wouldn’t deal with that. My re-built Fox was great until I tried to set up the steering. It had to go. 🤯

1 hour ago, Granddad Stinky said:

Does the steering go at weird angles like the Fox?

Yes it has bump steer when you compress the suspension...but it drives good I had a blast this time out as you clearly can see in my video :D

On 12/18/2017 at 5:43 PM, Granddad Stinky said:

My OCD wouldn’t deal with that. My re-built Fox was great until I tried to set up the steering. It had to go. 🤯

Psst the Boomerang is a close relative and has redesigned steering to greatly reduce the problem.

I made a replica of my Custom Honda City Turbo :) with the new 2018 Hot Wheels.

• Like 2

Another WLtoys one like Shen's above...here's a good example of what happens when you load up a Cheap Chinese RC :) Safe to say it needs a new motor and probably an ESC too. 

• Like 1

Anything burning is entertaining !!

I don't think 12428 is intended as a crawler.  But I suppose you can put in a 55T motor and make it a crawler.  More turns would give less burden on ESC, so you won't need a new ESC.  

I'm impressed how those tires worked wonders.  

18 hours ago, Juggular said:

Anything burning is entertaining !!

I don't think 12428 is intended as a crawler.  But I suppose you can put in a 55T motor and make it a crawler.  More turns would give less burden on ESC, so you won't need a new ESC.  

I'm impressed how those tires worked wonders.  

Yeah, not a Crawler...more a Rock racer, the Box says Crawler though, so we made it Crawl. The box also says 50km/h...haha

Stock motor is definitely too fast for that, draws a lot of current at such low RPM which is a strain on the ESC too. I think the stocker is 20T.

Saying that, I've seen people in other forums use them in stock form for similar stuff without the same kind of failure so perhaps the ESC in that one wasn't the best. The quality control probably isn't the greatest. Or it could be the grippy tyres contributing to that little bit more load on the system.

Best compromise would probably be a 27T or 35T and the smallest pinion you can fit. A 55T might be a little lacking in power with the gearing options available (slower motors don't actually have more torque like the myths say, they have nice low RPM contrallability but it's usually the hosts vehicles gearing that overcomes the relative power deficit.) unless you ran it on 3s or something. 

The best one I saw that was optimised for crawling had locked diffs and brushless outrunner.