Sign in to follow this  
Sayer

Nikko Produces an RC designed for fun anywhere!

My six year old girl has two of these. They are great fun for not much money. Tank controls take a bit of getting used to, but it does allow some funny swift manoeuvres. You can spin on the spot, or swiftly change direction. Very slow on water though. Plus the batteries do not last long. As a basic toy and an intro into rc they are great.

I have one, I took the stock electronics out and put two of those little red 20a Chinese speed controllers in there and run it with a compact 3000mah lipo. It goes really well in dirt and snow etc and adding the lipo gave it a nice little speed boost although it's still pretty slow in water.

I had toyed with the idea of putting a couple of little brushless outrunners in there to give it a speed boost, especially in water. With the type of motors it uses, you can't go much faster using brushed motors as heat becomes an issue but brushless runs much cooler comparatively. Only issue might be the torque being too much for the gears but then again, they are so cheap second had you could replace the entire thing if it broke.